PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Karmashock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Phone hangs while dialing and often cannot complete call

It's happening all the time now. You'll key in a number, press the call button and then it will just sit there for 3 minutes "dialing" when it used to progress to the "connected" mode almost immediately.

Often after a few minutes of "dialing" it will disconnect and I'll have to try again which may or may not work. Calls into the phone don't seem to be a problem. It's just the calls out that seem to fail.

The phone's antenna can be turned off while it's "dialing" and that won't interrupt the process. However, I cannot re-enable the radio until it's given up. Further the phone configuration page under settings is not editable while the phone is in "dialing" mode. Also it seems to disconnect and reconnect from the phone network constantly. I have full bars when it's connected so it's not a signal strength issue. I've also had the problem all over town so it shouldn't be a cell tower problem... and no one else seems to have the issue.

I've noticed some other issues with the phone among them that some settings in the phone configuration page won't stick. Among them changing Hybrid to EVDO or 1X doesn't work. It just stays at Hybrid. There are some other settings in there that seem to be stuck.

What do I do here? I'm using an old beta version of the WM6 OS that was published on this site ages ago. It worked fine for me until now so I just left it alone. But now I'm wondering if I can go back to the default sprint WM5? Just to see if I can get this thing to work properly.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please help. Also, if you can point me towards where I acquire all the files needed to flash my PPC back to spec that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Karmashock; 05-13-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Phone hangs while dialing and often cannot complete call

Someone? Help!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: sprint

bobonbass is a n00b
Re: Phone hangs while dialing and often cannot complete call

I've been having similar problems for months now, and now the phone won't hang up... I LOVE my 6700 and just flashed 6.1 onto it today to try to remedy the problem.. it worked for a bit, but now having calling issues again... hopefully I will get this whole problem fixed with re-flashing the radio rom. do you think that will work? excuse me for being a newbie
Old 05-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache, Diamond
Carrier: SaskTel, Telus

littlej00 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmashock View Post
What do I do here? I'm using an old beta version of the WM6 OS that was published on this site ages ago. It worked fine for me until now so I just left it alone. But now I'm wondering if I can go back to the default sprint WM5? Just to see if I can get this thing to work properly.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please help. Also, if you can point me towards where I acquire all the files needed to flash my PPC back to spec that would be helpful.
Sorry to hear about your problems with your 6700. I've been pretty lucky with mine, 6.1 has worked flawless for me and I just cooked my own 6.5 ROM and it's working pretty sweet too. But in answer to your question, after a bit of surfing on the Sprint website I found the stock ROM at http://www.nextel.com/en/software_do..._ppc6700.shtml. It has instructions and everything. The direct link to the ROM itself is http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/d...0_WWE_Ship.exe.

Hope it's helpful.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlej00 View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems with your 6700. I've been pretty lucky with mine, 6.1 has worked flawless for me and I just cooked my own 6.5 ROM and it's working pretty sweet too. But in answer to your question, after a bit of surfing on the Sprint website I found the stock ROM at http://www.nextel.com/en/software_do..._ppc6700.shtml. It has instructions and everything. The direct link to the ROM itself is http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/d...0_WWE_Ship.exe.

Hope it's helpful.
I think that fixed my problem. I seem to have been using older radio firmware for some reason. Anyway, It's been ages since I've been on this site.

What's the latest and greatest for the 6700? I know it's sorta an old phone now but what was the final/most up-to-date rom you guys cooked up?

I had A2DP working on my 6700 before, I have to go dig up the drivers for that again (it was sadly always unstable).

There used to be a sticky thread in here with the latest roms and tools but I can't find it anymore.

Help a brother out... I'm probably missing something obvious but it's been awhile.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Lurker

littlej00 is a n00b

Quote:
What's the latest and greatest for the 6700? I know it's sorta an old phone now but what was the final/most up-to-date rom you guys cooked up?
As far as radio ROM's go, the latest (that I know of) is v1.43. It's available at http://rapidshare.com/files/10185734....43_Repack.rar. And as far as the Windows Mobile ROM, most of the pre-made ROM's have more or less disappeared, so people are cooking their own ROM's with the PPCKitchen (http://ppckitchen.org/). It's pretty simple to use, as long as you have a v2.02 or lower boot loader (lucky for me mine is v2.02). The only thing to watch out for is since the Apache has limited ROM space you have to be pretty picky on what you want to include in the ROM you cook. You can't just select everything, there isn't enough space.

Quote:
I had A2DP working on my 6700 before, I have to go dig up the drivers for that again (it was sadly always unstable).
Try cook'n a ROM first and see how it works out for you. I cooked myself a WM 6.5 ROM the other day and it's been work'n really nice (so far...)

Quote:
There used to be a sticky thread in here with the latest roms and tools but I can't find it anymore.
Yeah, everyone has pretty much moved onto faster devices. So expect less and less development on the 6700.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Lurker

littlej00 is a n00b

The other thing to do is, check out http://xda-developers.com/, they still have some ROM's up there for the 6700 (the Apache). HEMI has a pretty popular WM6.1 ROM that I think is still kick'n around there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache