PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt 2
Carrier: at&t

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
low mem on initial splash screen?

I'm not sure if it is something I am doing wrong or what. Every ROM that I have tried to cook with the kitchen, even ones pretty much stripped down, has given me a low mem message on the initial splash screen where it shows your ROM info.

Also, I have yet to create a ROM with more than about 8 MB free at boot on Windows 6.1. Pagepool is set to 4 MB. I have tried leaving most applications out of it but it doesn't seem to make a difference. My most recent attempt was with a cleanish 6.5 ROM and I think I have about 4-5 MB free. It probably doesn't help that ActiveSync uses about a meg and Outlook another full MB.

I noticed too that storage is showing something like 112 MB of free storage. Anyone have any suggestions on resolving this? Is there a way to get more memory free?

Last edited by avatar28; 04-23-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Re: low mem on initial splash screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar28 View Post
I'm not sure if it is something I am doing wrong or what. Every ROM that I have tried to cook with the kitchen, even ones pretty much stripped down, has given me a low mem message on the initial splash screen where it shows your ROM info.

Also, I have yet to create a ROM with more than about 8 MB free at boot on Windows 6.1. Pagepool is set to 4 MB. I have tried leaving most applications out of it but it doesn't seem to make a difference. My most recent attempt was with a cleanish 6.5 ROM and I think I have about 4-5 MB free. It probably doesn't help that ActiveSync uses about a meg and Outlook another full MB.

I noticed too that storage is showing something like 112 MB of free storage. Anyone have any suggestions on resolving this? Is there a way to get more memory free?
that is a nuekernel notice that you are operating in low memory mode, all this means is that the camera is enable, and that your device is running the way the manufacturer ships it, if you include nuekernel controll, you can turn off the camera (high mem mode) to gain an extra 6 mb of ram
Old 04-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt 2
Carrier: at&t
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
that is a nuekernel notice that you are operating in low memory mode, all this means is that the camera is enable, and that your device is running the way the manufacturer ships it, if you include nuekernel controll, you can turn off the camera (high mem mode) to gain an extra 6 mb of ram
Hmm, tempting for WM 6.5 usage. I was finally able to get it up to about 11 megs free by leaving Voice Command off but that isn't my first choice.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Leave out as many OEMs as you possibly can. Use cabs instead, and install programs one by one. Check the memory after each install. It is MUCH easier to find a problematic cab versus a problematic OEM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development