PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[April '09] New Radio V1.07.06F - Port from TP

Here is the new radio ported from the US Cellular Touch Pro. Post your opinions and comparisons on the radio. Maybe this radio also will make its way to the stickied thread, if Juggalo thinks everything looks good.

*This RUU package WILL NOT hard reset your phone*

DOWNLOAD: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ATS4BTP0

Here is my speed test result with this radio:

Last edited by ajm144k; 04-14-2009 at 08:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Radio V1.07.06F - Port from TP

hehe we all had one of those days. but thanks for your hard work
Old 04-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

ill try this. even thought the radio im using is awsome
Old 04-14-2009, 07:19 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
ill try this. even thought the radio im using is awsome
Ditto. I like the Telus radio I'm on. But I don't mind trying new things.
[Especially if they say "MightyROM" on them.]

Old 04-14-2009, 07:23 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [April '09] New Radio V1.07.06F - Port from TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
Here is the new radio ported from the US Cellular Touch Pro. Post your opinions and comparisons on the radio. Maybe this radio also will make its way to the stickied thread, if Juggalo thinks everything looks good.

*This RUU package WILL NOT hard reset your phone*

DOWNLOAD: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ATS4BTP0
One question though (and it doesn't really matter, as I just flashed anyway, but others might want to know), since this is flashing just the radio, does it also install a new PRL?
Old 04-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
One question though (and it doesn't really matter, as I just flashed anyway, but others might want to know), since this is flashing just the radio, does it also install a new PRL?
I dont think it does Trident.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
does it also install a new PRL?
nope.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

so far so good. I noticed I went from 3 bars to 1 on average but the data is still fast, in fact maybe faster than the telus but still testing. I love the Telus radio, just one thing I notice at times is it takes a while to warm up if that makes sense. If you run a speed test, it will do poorly on the first or second try, but afterwards it peaks out about the same as the sprint radio 1.11.00f. But the telus radio will often show more bars than the sprint radio.

Now this new radio 1.07 is moving pretty quick from the get go. and I just got one test that was about as fast as I have ever got in my house. 1055kbs. (with a one bar on the screen) So I am wondering if the the bars are not that important?

Great job ajm144K!! you should post it in the radio thread or pm Juggalo to have him include it on the radio sticky

Last edited by Riley; 04-14-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:53 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

bars are absolutely irrelevant

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
bars are absolutely irrelevant
thats what I'm learning. wonder why? I going to keep this one for a couple days based off the iniitial data speed test. Of course it could just be luck..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development