PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

marco27 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Attention all cooks chefs battery better on stock

Stock rom consumes less battery power then the average popular rom out there, i'm talking from 50 to a stable 75 ma versus 120 to 150 ma on cooked roms. I thought they should consume less and are enhanced for battery life.

Am i missing something here.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:01 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Attention all cooks chefs battery better on stock

My rom is neither average or popular, but I don't have many complaints about the battery life... Other than those that think it should last for 3 days.

You should give it a try, and if you have I'm open to suggestions to make it better.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
My rom is neither average or popular, but I don't have many complaints about the battery life... Other than those that think it should last for 3 days.

You should give it a try, and if you have I'm open to suggestions to make it better.
Not sure which rom you created but i would test it out, it would be my pleasure, im running many tests on a stock htc side by side with custom roms and im seeing double battery consumption at IDLE, with less stuff running in the background. Im still trying to make sense of it all dont get me wrong!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:07 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

from what ive noticed personaly, almost every custom rom ive tried its way better on battery life over stock but that is IMHO
Old 04-10-2009, 03:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
from what ive noticed personaly, almost every custom rom ive tried its way better on battery life over stock but that is IMHO

I understand that and it should be that way but numbers are still showing better outcomes with stock installed, again unless you use there hungry resource programs then everything fails but other than that it works way better.

I think all the extra bells and whistles are just not helping, custom roms.
The idea and tweaks are great but are not flawless due to extra stuff preinstalled. Now if they score below 100 mA they will get my donation and i will keep the rom for good on my diamond. So far the race is still on and numbers are all over 120 mA, discharge Current for battery power.

Im not here to mention any roms, im speaking in general and prefer not to put down anyone's hard work, this is purely my opinion.

its also simple having background tasks will consume power over others but the question is why have anything running at all when its not needed.

Last edited by marco27; 04-10-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Tmobile

Staydown is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Staydown Send a message via Yahoo to Staydown

you guy ROCK!!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:46 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Cant say I agree. I wanted to throw my phone away when it was new cause the battery would die in the first few hours if I used it alot. On MR 4.4.2 for example my battery will last 5+ times as long using the phone the same. Not sure where you got your figures from but they cant be right for all roms. maybe just a few weak ones.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond

jjairal is keeping up the good workjjairal is keeping up the good work

which stock rom are u using the new release. 2.00.651.7 sprint ?
Old 04-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff

What brightness settings are you testing at? i get 93mA with my backlight set to auto indoors, 13mA when I have the screen turned off (this is with my 6.5 rom).
Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What is the point in having your phone if you dont have all of the "bells and whistles". I believe I have much better battery life using all of the programs I want to use on a custom rom rather than staring at the clock on a stock rom.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development