PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry KEEP GETTING DSOD (Freezes after sleep) after upgrading to Neurom3

I have searched and read and have still not found anyone else who claims they have this problem with Neurom3 nor have I found anyone who claims to know of an exact fix. I have found various recommendations, but not a fix. I upgraded from ROM 20273. I did this using the Kitchen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I totally disabled activesync and that did not fix it. It was working PERFECTLY the first day after I flashed it (yesterday), but only today it now FREQUENTLY gives me the DARK SCREEN OF DEATH / won't come out of standby, I have to do a soft reset on it.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Question Re: KEEP GETTING DSOD (Freezes after sleep) after upgrading to Neurom3

One thing I did notice after I upgraded to Nuerom3 is that now I have "PUSH" email whereas I didn't before.. and according to this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...n+death&page=3
it is suspected that PUSH may have something to do with it... is there a way to get rid of the PUSH feature???
Old 03-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Arrow Re: KEEP GETTING DSOD (Freezes after sleep) after upgrading to Neurom3

Ok well if no one else can help me at least I will document my attempt to help myself and hopefully solve this. It appears to be related to the SDcard, since when I take it out.. no DSOD!!! I recently made a registry hack to improve my SDCard speeds.. so I will attempt to undo that and see if it helps.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: KEEP GETTING DSOD (Freezes after sleep) after upgrading to Neurom3

Didn't help
Old 03-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: depends on where i'm at

lil_slip is a n00b

i wont be of any help but i get this same problem with ryanmoguls rom....maybe its not rom specific? no idea...i started with this problem and it seems to have increased in instance and now i get freezes randomly
Old 03-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Question Re: KEEP GETTING DSOD (Freezes after sleep) after upgrading to Neurom3

Well I think that there may have been something wrong with the ROM I cooked. I used the latest NueRom3 kitchen but I noticed that even before I install anything.. the volume on the phone is set to mute.. and if I try to change it.. it changes BACK to mute about 1/2 second later! So I just flashed my phone using the Nuerom3, non-kitchenized version and thus far I"ve gone about 8 hours with NO DSOD. Maybe I will try to recook the other rom as it had a newer NueKernel in it.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Awesome-o

belvedere is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
Well I think that there may have been something wrong with the ROM I cooked. I used the latest NueRom3 kitchen but I noticed that even before I install anything.. the volume on the phone is set to mute.. and if I try to change it.. it changes BACK to mute about 1/2 second later! So I just flashed my phone using the Nuerom3, non-kitchenized version and thus far I"ve gone about 8 hours with NO DSOD. Maybe I will try to recook the other rom as it had a newer NueKernel in it.
go to Settings, System tab, and then Hardware Switch.... uncheck Enable Hardware Switch.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800 Mogul

Raithan is a n00b

I get this same problem since loading nueRom3.. not a kitchen load, was the version straight from no2chem's site. Occasionally, I'll have my phone in its holster and I'll think "hmm, it hasnt gone off in awhile" and pull it out to look at it, and it won't come out of standby.. half the time, doing a soft reset won't even work, I'll have to pull the battery, put the battery back in, then boot up... I also get random soft resets out of nowhere. I'll go to slide open the keyboard to reply to a text and whoops, there goes a soft reset.. or I'll be typing or something and there goes a soft reset.. lots of problems like that. But i haven't done any tweaks to the SD card or anything like that.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:15 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithan View Post
work, I'll have to pull the battery, put the battery back in, then boot up... I also get random soft resets out of nowhere. I'll go to slide open the keyboard to reply to a text and whoops, there goes a soft reset.. or I'll be typing or something and there goes a soft reset.. lots of problems like that. But i haven't done any tweaks to the SD card or anything like that.
most likely this is a poor fitting battery. try putting a folded paper on the bottom so the contacts have a tighter connection.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800 Mogul

Raithan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
most likely this is a poor fitting battery. try putting a folded paper on the bottom so the contacts have a tighter connection.
Hmm, I'll give that a shot.. Just seems weird it would all of a sudden start doing that after I'd had the phone for a year.. But I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development