PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

ethan smart is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Make Cricket EVDO work like me

ok so i used to use prl 7743 using a ppc 6800 mogul

it worked for what i needed but i got tired of the slow speeds of 35kb download and 15kb upload on 1xRTT

so i did alot of research and i found the prl of 10521 off the howard forums

its a cricket evdo non roaming prl. if i leave town since i have roaming i just load up the 7743 prl real quick.

with this 10521 prl i can surf the internet and get phone calls at the same time. i can stay connected to the internet but the only wierd thing is my internet speeds

i tethered my phone to my macbook thru bluetooth, shared my internet connection and here is my speed test

what i dont understand is why its always like this, i meen i like the consistency but i dont understand why i get like 3 times the upload speed of the evdo usb laptop cards and a slow download.

granted 100kbps downloads on this phone thru the regular phone browser is perfectly fine but if i wanna download a decent sized file, it takes toooo damn long

anywho i thought i would let everyone know of this so please sticky this if you must.

the only big issue i can see with cricket's internet still is the fact im stuck using a proxy to connect. i hate it cause i cant use certain programs. crickets proxy portal is stuck to port 8080 only
Old 05-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Lurker

Momotombo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Make Cricket EVDO work like me

I basically have the same problem. I think Cricket's data is just terrible. At least they're cheap and easy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development