PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down will WiMo 6.5 or 7 fix the 65k color pallete limitation?

Some people wondered this including me, here is a snipit from a msdn blog... interesting....

Quote:
Having More Colors Is A Good Thing, Isn't It?

When was the last time you saw a Windows Mobile device that couldn't do color? (It's a trick question. The last grayscale device predates the name change to "Windows Mobile.") Subtle differences in screen quality aside, all WM devices have had the same ability to show colors--65536 of them. Modern LCD screens, however, are capable of showing four times that many (262144). So I've been asked, "Why doesn't WM allow OEMs to make use of these better screens?"
The short answer is: "We do."
The medium answer is: "But don't be so sure you want them to."
And the long answer is ... well the rest of this entry.
http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...07/462187.aspx

Last edited by nanoware; 03-16-2009 at 05:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:19 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: will WiMo 6.5 or 7 fix the 65k color pallete limitation?

Good read. Thanks. I've been wondering that too.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: will WiMo 6.5 or 7 fix the 65k color pallete limitation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Good read. Thanks. I've been wondering that too.
Same here....but, that was written back in 2005, wonder where we stand on current devices ?

Don't think we will see much major hardware changes in WM 6.5 (from what I have heard) but, how it's going so far, WM 7 is going to be a major upgrade, giving more of iphone type (multi-touch and a bunch of other niffty stuff), so maybe you might see better displays (higher colors) with WM7 devices. I will not get another phone till the WM7 models are out...and even then, might wait for the 2nd gen if nothing blows me away.

You have to wonder one thing from reading that. What good is the features if you can view pictures at full 65K colors but, if you play a game or view video and it's choppy or un-playable ? I guess there needs to be a balance, If I had to, I'll rather lose some colors and everything work 100% than deal with the possable problems with a full 65K color display....

But, that's just me...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development