PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 11:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

calh22a is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Advice on downgrading my phone back to stock

Hi everyone! I'm currently using a sprint mogul unlocked with neuSPL 2.47 with a dcd 3.3.4 rom and a 3.42.50 radio. I want to revert my phone back to stock sprint settings. I've been searching the forum and it seems that all I need is neuSPLTitanrelocker and the stock sprint rom (3.56.651.0). So here are my questions.
1. Do I reflash the stock rom first and then run the relocker? or should I relock first and then flash the rom.
2. When I flash with the stock sprint rom will my radio go back to 3.42.02
3. When I'm flashing the stock rom can I just active sync my phone and run the Sprint Rom file or do I need to use programs like RUU update utility?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks again!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6800/ Mogul

shady520 is just getting started
Re: Advice on downgrading my phone back to stock

im taking a shot in the dark here but;
1. I think you would have to have it unlocked to flash it so i guess you should flash it then relock it.
2. i assume so because the radio is part of the program to flash it
3. I would use the Sprint Rom file because that has the radio vs. using the RUU which probably would just affect the OS rom part.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:32 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

lock then flash
Old 03-11-2009, 03:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6800

sekigah is a n00b

can you give detailed advice and links to files you used? i need to downgrade and relock my device as well.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161

Use the above link and just use a Sprint rom.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Cellular South

kenguard is a n00b

I have a similar situation that I'm trying to get resolved.

I have a local carrier, Cellular South, and I installed OliPro 2.40 and I ran the Sprint ROM from HTC's site (HTC Mogul (Sprint)_RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_3.56.651.0_RS_TITAN_ 3.42.02_SPCS2.04_PPST_0718_Ship)

The customization were run after the flash and, of course, it is Sprint-inized.

The original specs where:
ROM 2.17.557.0
ROM Date 11/20/07
Radio Version: 1.69.00
Protocol Ver: ACAAAAM-4070
Hardware Ver: 0003
PRL Version: 10002
PRI Version: 1.34_013
It was running WM6.0

I read somewhere that Cellular South buys phones from Sprint and rebadges them. I'm not sure how accurate that is.

The new Device info:
ROM Version 3.56.651.0
ROM Date 06/16/08
Radio Version 3.42.02
Protocol Ver. DCAAXAM-4350H
Hardware Ver. 0003
PRL Version 10002
PRI Version 2.04_003
WM 6.1

I put the EPST info in and I'm able to make calls, and I can do a data connection after changing the Connection>>Select Network and creating the dialing/network info. But, the system will eventually put the Sprint PCS dialer back in and make it the default. So, it's a constant battle to keep a 3G data connection working properly. Also, the system has a bunch of unwanted Sprint apps. I like the WM6.1, and the GPS has worked (Slowly). So, at the moment I can function.

I was thinking of trying one of the DCD ROMS or NeuRom, but I need to know can I just flash to one of them, or do I need to take it back to a 2.17 version stock ROM? (of which none exist for my carrier. Also, the 2.17 ROMs I've seen have a lower radio version.)

Will going to a v2.17 ROM brick my phone? or do I even need to go back to v2.17?

Downgrading information is a little vague in the forums. So if anyone can point me to a good guide, then thanks in advance! I've read so much that's been posted at different times I don't know what is even valid anymore.

Suggestions surely appreciated.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Lurker

kenguard is a n00b

Or, if anyone has the same service (Cellular South) that had to go back to a stock ROM could tell me which one they used.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Lurker

kenguard is a n00b

I've installed DCD 4.1.2 ROM and I'm down to just needing the carrier customization files to make the data work. There isn't one for Cellular South, so I'm looking for them. I've installed the Alltel carrier cab and that got EPST working, but I'm still having data problems and I'm sure it's due to some registry and file differences between Alltel and Cellular South.

I've read on the HTC Touch forums on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470037 and the original ROM had three files on it that I think I can use on my 6800. XDA-Developers are having some issues right now and I can't search futher there.

The files I need are customize1.sa.cab, customize2.sa.cab and customize3.sa.cab.

Does anyone have these files they could share? Or have the information I can use to modify an existing carrier cab for Cellular South?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development