PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 03:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: cricKet

RyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with extracting current ROM from Phone HTC Mogul

Hey everyone, I hope you can help. I have a HTC Mogul, titan. I need to get my ROM off the phone and save it as a .nbh file because the person that designed the cooked rom is no longer supporting it. I did not save it and I cooked my own rom and have downloaded other roms but if it doesnt work out I would like to be able to go back to this one(as it works perfect on cricket). The rom I am trying to get out of my phone is To0's PPC6800 V.3 rom. If you have advice let me know. I am getting used to build os, and various tools just let me know what I have to do. Thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

RyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help with extracting current ROM from Phone HTC Mogul

Should I also mention that I still have the serial for this ROM saved I just forgot to save the actual Rom nbh file. Almost 30 views and no answers! Soo far I ruled out sad as the reason for no answers so I figured I would explain that this is to help me try out different roms and go back to the one thats rock solid if need be. I use cricket if that helps anyone figure out "well why would he want to go back to his old custom rom from a new one" Its because the custom one from To0 works perfect on cricket no bugs, no tweaks to get it there.

Last edited by RyanMogul6800; 02-26-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
Re: Help with extracting current ROM from Phone HTC Mogul

There is an advanced way to get a ROM "dump" from a phone, but I don't know how to do it.

Not sure what you mean by "serial" from your phone.

If you build with PPCGeeks Build OS, you can recreate the ROM by rebuilding from your specific selections.txt file. Also, the ROM can be copied from My Document\BuildOS RUU\RUU_signed.nbh, which is overwritten each time you build a different ROM.

I would suggest trying some other ROMs built with BuildOS. I recommend http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46525
and
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53781&page=3

I used to keep older ROMs, but find that for the most part, I keep going forward, not backward to old ROMS.

Not sure this will help you much, but it is all I have.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.

Last edited by Robtao; 02-26-2009 at 08:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development