PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800, HP211

destes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Equipment used

Hi All,

Just started looking into creating ROMs and updating my 6800. What I'm wondering is, do you guys flash your everyday phone everytime you cook up another version of a ROM, or testing out the various combination's. I'm thinking about getting a beat up 6800 to do my flashing and testing on. I'm a bit leary of using my phone that I rely on everyday to experiment with. I don't wnat to add another line to my plan, can I just use the phone as a testing platform for the OS and not have it activated?

What are you guys doing?

Dale.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:10 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Equipment used

Welcome Here..Your first post.
If you have two phones it would be a good idea to test a bit first. You can get online with your WiFi on your test phone so you wouldn't need a second line.

I use a test phone also when I can but some people only have one phone so they cook/test/use the same phone for everything.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Go here for more cooking advice..http://www.ppckitchen.org/. The only problem I see with not having the test device activated is that you won't know if there any connection issues w/ the new ROM.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:13 AM
The Pusher Man

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
The only problem I see with not having the test device activated is that you won't know if there any connection issues w/ the new ROM.
True... You could always go to Sprint.com/verizon.com and just switch esn's in your account to your test phone to check for connection issues then switch back to your default phone.

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-18-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800, HP211
Threadstarter

destes is a n00b

I'm on Verizon and can do the same thing, change the ESN online. For those of you that switch ESNs a lot, do you get any grief from the carrier for it?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 AM
The Pusher Man

No I switch back and forth five or six times a week and never had any problems. I used to do it back in the day too when you had to call a CS Rep to do it I must say its a lot quicker to do it online.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development