PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > GSM TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Ezrem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New ROM posted on HTC's site 2/16/09

http://www.htc.com/www/SupportViewNe...501&news_id=64

This appears to be a GSM update, given the picture of the phone, and the fact that my Sprint serial number is invalid on that page.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

slider369 is a n00b
Re: New ROM posted on HTC's site 2/16/09

I'm with att, and my s/n for my fuze won't let me do it either.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I do not think this is it because HTC told me that incoming calls to BT was a first fix
Old 02-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrem View Post
http://www.htc.com/www/SupportViewNe...501&news_id=64

This appears to be a GSM update, given the picture of the phone, and the fact that my Sprint serial number is invalid on that page.
you have to select US as country... that link is for worldwide.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

AT&T hasn't released an update yet, that is for WWE (European) versions. There are some serial numbers over at XDA that you can use.

This ROM is VERY fast compared to stock and even compared to all the other custom ROMs that were out there.

You could flash this. NATF v4.3 is also based on this build.

Check out this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=483325
Old 02-23-2009, 06:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro GSM Unlocked
Carrier: T-Mobile

wuufer001@hotmail.com is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to wuufer001@hotmail.com Send a message via Skype™ to wuufer001@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
AT&T hasn't released an update yet, that is for WWE (European) versions. There are some serial numbers over at XDA that you can use.

This ROM is VERY fast compared to stock and even compared to all the other custom ROMs that were out there.

You could flash this. NATF v4.3 is also based on this build.

Check out this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=483325
WWE mean 'World Wide Edition'? meaning all other Touch Pro that is not co-branded with a carrier? because i bought mine from an internet store and the phone was shipped from Hong Kong so i'm not sure if my phone will be compatible with this ROM update.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro GSM Unlocked
Carrier: T-Mobile

wuufer001@hotmail.com is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to wuufer001@hotmail.com Send a message via Skype™ to wuufer001@hotmail.com

i went on to the website and tired d/loading it but it seems like my S/N is invalid.
mine's not co-branded to any carrier, so what's the problem?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: prepaid

ialaya77 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ialaya77 Send a message via Yahoo to ialaya77 Send a message via Skype™ to ialaya77
Angry Re: New ROM posted on HTC's site 2/16/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuufer001@hotmail.com View Post
WWE mean 'World Wide Edition'? meaning all other Touch Pro that is not co-branded with a carrier? because i bought mine from an internet store and the phone was shipped from Hong Kong so i'm not sure if my phone will be compatible with this ROM update.
My TP was shipped from HongKong also. It came with 1.90.401.1WWE. I downloaded and flashed this new rom today. It does seem to be a bit faster, but I have a big problen now - the screen won't rotate back to potrait after opening then closing the keyboard... I disabled tf3d but that hasn't fixed it. I have to do a soft reset to get it back to portrait. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 07:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

That new rom upgrade is for GSM model Touch Pro's, carriers like Sprint have not contacted HTC for a rom upgrade yet for the CDMA model phones. I contacted HTC support to find this out.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 03-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: prepaid

ialaya77 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ialaya77 Send a message via Yahoo to ialaya77 Send a message via Skype™ to ialaya77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialaya77 View Post
My TP was shipped from HongKong also. It came with 1.90.401.1WWE. I downloaded and flashed this new rom today. It does seem to be a bit faster, but I have a big problen now - the screen won't rotate back to potrait after opening then closing the keyboard... I disabled tf3d but that hasn't fixed it. I have to do a soft reset to get it back to portrait. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks
Problems fixed now...when I flashed the new rom I did a restore of my programs and personal settings with a backup from my old rom... To fix the problem I did a hard reset, then another restore but this time only programs, not personal settings. So the problem was caused by the settings from the old rom.

My TP is much faster now, especially touchflo. Virtually no lag in screen rotation now...If you have a GSM international unlocked TP, I would recommend flashing this new rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > GSM TP Development