PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Lurker

Q Status is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bank of America

(Weeks ago) I'd had the hardest time trying to get the bofa.mobi site to work on my Q. It just never worked, saying i had to go to a desktop to fix the problem. But my little sister got it to work on her Q and it just wouldn't work on mine.

I actually went to a banking center and talked to a rep in person and customer service at home and at the bank over the phone.. all giving me different answers and reasons...

Well I just wanted to say i got bofa working on my phone now.. A VERY GOOD THING FOR ME
Old 06-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Glad you got it working. I am a BofA customer too, but will be switching banks soon. So I have not tried the mobile site.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Lurker

webcrush is a n00b
gonna share the love or make the rest of us figure it out?

I had become convinced the BOFA was worthless as I couldn't get it to work on my Q, on my laptop, on the desktop, etc
Old 06-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Q Status is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrush

I had become convinced the BOFA was worthless as I couldn't get it to work on my Q, on my laptop, on the desktop, etc
I didn't do anything speical... Here is my story, I was in Los Angeles a few weeks back. I forgot to make a payment online before I left for my weekend out of town. So I try to get on BOFA on my Q and I was at the BOFA mobile site (Din't know it at the time) But I kept getting an error message about checking my desktop or laptop.

So one day i was on BOFA online and noticed they have mobile banking. So i was like "oh snap" it's got to work now... NOPE.. call customer service, they said it's a feature that you have to add on to your account throught BOFA online. Which wasn't the case because he was telling me to do things on the screen that wasn't possible.

So that same day i go to a bank center, talk to the tellers, yea i want to get on my account through my phone. Maybe one person was like oh it's a new thing that just came out, but everyone else was like oh i didn't know we can do that.

So long story short, i'm at the bank sitting down with rep. while their on the phone with BOFA online banking trying to see whats going on. The excuse was that it was my "Internet service provider through the phone" when i can cleary go through all the screens and get their errors messages, yet still a bunch of other things online.

Then then they say, there was an issue with cingular phones not being able to work. but i call customer service again that same day, this time this lady with attitude was saying it's a new thing so they system goes in and out. BUT WHY WOULD BOFA PUSH IT ON THEIR SITE WITH ALL THE FAULTS... but my sister in california got it to work with no problem

but weeks later i tried it for the first time today..and it worked.. i got to try it again to see if it's still good.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH
Carrier: Sprint

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q Status
Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrush

I didn't do anything speical... Here is my story, I was in Los Angeles a few weeks back. I forgot to make a payment online before I left for my weekend out of town. So I try to get on BOFA on my Q and I was at the BOFA mobile site (Din't know it at the time) But I kept getting an error message about checking my desktop or laptop.

So one day i was on BOFA online and noticed they have mobile banking. So i was like "oh snap" it's got to work now... NOPE.. call customer service, they said it's a feature that you have to add on to your account throught BOFA online. Which wasn't the case because he was telling me to do things on the screen that wasn't possible.

So that same day i go to a bank center, talk to the tellers, yea i want to get on my account through my phone. Maybe one person was like oh it's a new thing that just came out, but everyone else was like oh i didn't know we can do that.

So long story short, i'm at the bank sitting down with rep. while their on the phone with BOFA online banking trying to see whats going on. The excuse was that it was my "Internet service provider through the phone" when i can cleary go through all the screens and get their errors messages, yet still a bunch of other things online.

Then then they say, there was an issue with cingular phones not being able to work. but i call customer service again that same day, this time this lady with attitude was saying it's a new thing so they system goes in and out. BUT WHY WOULD BOFA PUSH IT ON THEIR SITE WITH ALL THE FAULTS... but my sister in california got it to work with no problem

but weeks later i tried it for the first time today..and it worked.. i got to try it again to see if it's still good.
I dont think Webcrush wanted to know your entire ordeal; but rather what YOU DID to get it to work. What you detailed wouldnt help anyone....IMO!
Old 06-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Q Status is a n00b
I was just trying to lay down what happened to me

but BOFA.MOBI works fine for me now. Didn't do anything speical and the bank was no help on it. I guess they got all the quirks out of it, but it's good for me now
Old 06-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Lurker

webcrush is a n00b
I still get "For Security Reasons, our device can't access Mobile Banking"

Same message using PIE, Opera Mini Beta 4 and OperaMini 3.

Hell I get the same message using IE6 on the XP Desktop!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Lurker

webcrush is a n00b
Figured it out---there is a reg setting that allows the 'Q' to spoof its request headers for its browser type setting.

This is a tweak available in the smartTweaker.

Disabling this allow the BOFA.mobi site to work.

Oh joy for me (sarcasm)
Old 07-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Lurker

atomikx is a n00b
lucky me mine just connected and voila! i was lgging in???
Old 07-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Lurker

webcrush is a n00b
Doesn't work with Opera Browser though . . .
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q