PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w

darchon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
no visual indicator for sms/txt received on menu bar

is it just me or do you think the treo 800w is missing an important feature of showing sms/txt msg received on the top menu bar. i often lock my phone so all i can see is the menu bar.

is there a way to turn this feature on or a software i can install that does this?

also, my phone doesn't indicate visually if i have a voicemail, like no flashes at the top of the phone? can this be turned on too?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:46 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: no visual indicator for sms/txt received on menu bar

Lets get something straight, you want a visual indicator for when your phone is locked right? Because if you go to settings>personal>today>items>enable the messaging box you will get sms notification on your today screen but while the phone is unlocked, also in my treo800w an icon shaped like a phone appears on the top menu bar when i get a voicemail, hope that helps.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darchon is a n00b

i want an indicator at the top menu bar. yes, at the moment it does show on the today screen, but when my phone is locked, the today screen isn't visible. only the top menu bar.

yes a voicemail indicator does show up at the top. but not for sms/txt msgs. isn't that queer? i thought so.

and when i do receive sms/txt msgs or voicemails, there is no flashing indicator on the phone either. most phones will blink red or something when a voicemail comes in. but my treo 800w does not.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:43 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Ok my friend working on that i'll get back to you....
Old 01-09-2009, 06:38 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darchon View Post
...and when i do receive sms/txt msgs or voicemails, there is no flashing indicator on the phone either. most phones will blink red or something when a voicemail comes in. but my treo 800w does not.
You want TreoAlerts. Do a search here and you'll find it. It'll rock your socks!
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

You don't have this icon at the top?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

jdwebie09 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
You don't have this icon at the top?
i know this is somewhat off topic, but how did you get the date to be displayed above the time? i have been searching all over to find a program that would offer this capability or a setting i overlooked.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwebie09 View Post
i know this is somewhat off topic, but how did you get the date to be displayed above the time? i have been searching all over to find a program that would offer this capability or a setting i overlooked.
jdwebie09, install Dannz's Mortscript. To answer your question, a registry edit is how you display the date there. HTH

Last edited by skeegcpp; 01-11-2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darchon is a n00b

no Dannzeman, not for sms/txt msgs. i do get it for emails strangely enough. and i get a separate indicator for voicemails... but holy freakin crap!!! you were right about TreoAlerts!!!! ohmygawddd, it DID knock my socks off!! it didn't exactly put an indicator on my menu bar but hell it did one better! it made my LED light up and it can light it up in 3 different colors and blink at different speeds for different events!! its so configurable!! strobe didn't seem to work for my treo 800w however. this software should be standard on ALL winmobile phones!! THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 04:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darchon View Post
no Dannzeman, not for sms/txt msgs. i do get it for emails strangely enough. and i get a separate indicator for voicemails... but holy freakin crap!!! you were right about TreoAlerts!!!! ohmygawddd, it DID knock my socks off!! it didn't exactly put an indicator on my menu bar but hell it did one better! it made my LED light up and it can light it up in 3 different colors and blink at different speeds for different events!! its so configurable!! strobe didn't seem to work for my treo 800w however. this software should be standard on ALL winmobile phones!! THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!
If you liked that one, then you should love this one

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w