PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Jmz
Treo Pro dialer for 800w is here

Just got done getting all the files together from the Treo Pro dump for the dialer. Everything works with it. There is one minor issue with 2 incall icons. But if you aren't looking for them then you won't see it. Black is the color for now but won't be too hard to get other colors. If you have any issues let me know. This works with RealVGA also. You will have a small gap at the bottom but nothing major.

You MUST REMOVE Speed Dial and Active Call plugins using Memmaid.

I also installed this on a clean device right after a hard reset. I don't know what will happen when installed on a device with other programs installed. So use at your own risk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sshot000.jpg (7.7 KB, 862 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg sshot001.jpg (13.6 KB, 743 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Treo Pro Dialer 128dpi.cab (1.47 MB, 312 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Jmz; 01-01-2009 at 08:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:51 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Re: Treo Pro dialer for 800w is here

Very cool. Thanks.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: sprint

ericizzy1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
Just got done getting all the files together from the Treo Pro dump for the dialer. Everything works with it. There is one minor issue with 2 incall icons. But if you aren't looking for them then you won't see it. Black is the color for now but won't be too hard to get other colors. If you have any issues let me know. This works with RealVGA also. You will have a small gap at the bottom but nothing major.

You MUST REMOVE Speed Dial and Active Call plugins using Memmaid.

I also installed this on a clean device right after a hard reset. I don't know what will happen when installed on a device with other programs installed. So use at your own risk.

"You MUST REMOVE Speed Dial and Active Call plugins using Memmaid."
will i loose the ability to dial with the keyboard on the today page?
Old 01-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

jmztaylor, interesting work. not sure if the WM default dialer is much better than Palm's but certainly a nice option for those who want it!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
"You MUST REMOVE Speed Dial and Active Call plugins using Memmaid."
will i loose the ability to dial with the keyboard on the today page?
In a sense you will. But after installing this when you start hitting the numbers on the keypad it will bring up the dialer. Rather than on the today screen. I do not have my Treo anymore to try this but I am pretty sure how that happens.

My opinion is that it is a lot more streamline than the today screen dialer. It just seems too basic for me.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:54 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
...after installing this when you start hitting the numbers on the keypad it will bring up the dialer. Rather than on the today screen...
That is exactly what it does. I am running RealVGA along with this and I like that the keypad covers more of the screen than the Palm dialer. Plus the great find that I have been looking for since I have had my 800w NO MORE REDIAL LIST!!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4g Touch

lenin1928 is a n00b

so i made a sprite backup just in case, that would restore the speed dial and other thing in case i don't want this pro dialer anymore? right?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:40 PM
N00b

lenin1928 is a n00b

answered my own question, yes it will restore it but i didn't need to make a backup to restore the active dialer.

but removing the active dialer plug in also disables the "messages" button on the today screen.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:48 PM
N00b

lenin1928 is a n00b

I decided to uninstall the treo pro dialer. I used MemMaid and there was an error during uninstall.

Now the Treo Pro dialer screen still comes up, even after being uninstalled, but then the active dialer screen replaces the treo pro dialer screen, and now I am unable to use the speakerphone function on the active dialer screen.

Any suggestions besides a sprite backup reboot?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thats your option...maybe a soft reset after uninstall, just take the battery out for a minute then put it back in...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w