PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 01:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

DaRedLight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Throttle Lock With A Kick..."What If"

I had an experience where one was trying to unlock my phone by trying various patterns. Fortunately, they were unsuccessful. This account did spawn the thought...How hard would it be to implement a function within the Throttle Lock where after one or more incorrect patterns entered, an alarm would sound! Similar to the clock alarm setting...or a sound/ringtone downloaded. This would increase the security and deter further attempts! Any ideas and or support would be appreciated.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff
Re: Throttle Lock With A Kick..."What If"

i think that would be awesome. now if only we could replace the vibrate function with an electric shock, my nosy wife would really stay away from my phone...

[
Old 12-24-2008, 02:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Zapple is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Zapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
i think that would be awesome. now if only we could replace the vibrate function with an electric shock, my nosy wife would really stay away from my phone...
Or just have the screen display a crack or a bunch of dead pixles where she tries to unlock your phone. Then once you pickup your phone pretend to freak out
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapple View Post
Or just have the screen display a crack or a bunch of dead pixles where she tries to unlock your phone. Then once you pickup your phone pretend to freak out
lol! - she wouldn't care about that though. probably just laugh at me
Old 12-24-2008, 03:46 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

maybe 3 wrong patterns and a big middle finger shows on screen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
maybe 3 wrong patterns and a big middle finger shows on screen.
that would b mad funny

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRedLight View Post
I had an experience where one was trying to unlock my phone by trying various patterns. Fortunately, they were unsuccessful. This account did spawn the thought...How hard would it be to implement a function within the Throttle Lock where after one or more incorrect patterns entered, an alarm would sound! Similar to the clock alarm setting...or a sound/ringtone downloaded. This would increase the security and deter further attempts! Any ideas and or support would be appreciated.

If you was to go over to throttlelauncher and suggest this to Albibo he may be able to implement or at least take it into consideration...throttlelock is a very good program!!! http://www.throttlelauncher.com/portal/
Old 12-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: vzw

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to creedin Send a message via MSN to creedin

would be any problem in most langauges, simply do a counter and over that counter play file
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development