PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 11:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

bzxzlg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM Registry export tool

Is there a tool available to basically export the registry in plain text? I've got PHM and see that I can backup/restore - and even import ... but no export ...

Just asking since I've reloaded 19716 ... Thought I'd dump the reg then reload a 20xxx version and compare in an attempt to figure out why the PPC goes into zombie mode when AS is configured for corporate excahnge ...

TIA
Old 12-18-2008, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: WM Registry export tool

Resco will let you export your registry. Im surprised PHM doesnt
Old 12-18-2008, 01:21 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

You can make a SPB Backup. Just uncheck everything but System Data, then go to Options and uncheck everything but registry...just my methods, since Resco is garbage to me...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bzxzlg is a n00b
Red face Re: WM Registry export tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Resco will let you export your registry. Im surprised PHM doesnt

Looks like it does ... I loaded Resco and saw import but not export in the menu ... Thought maybe a purchased copy had that option ... But tried holding stylus on a reg item and low-n-behold ... export ... DUH ... I desperately need a vacation ...

Thx weedahoe
Old 12-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzxzlg View Post

Looks like it does ... I loaded Resco and saw import but not export in the menu ... Thought maybe a purchased copy had that option ... But tried holding stylus on a reg item and low-n-behold ... export ... DUH ... I desperately need a vacation ...

Thx weedahoe
Your big problem is going to be the order of export is seemingly random (it isn't, in reality). You'll want to sort the keys before doing a diff - various people have written utilities to do the work. Try searching - I remember someone wrote a tool to dump and diff against another dump.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bzxzlg is a n00b
Differences between 19716 and 20755

Did a load and reg dump of my last good 19716 build (selections attached) and a version 20755 ... Compare found the following differences ... havne't had a chance to poke around with reg values yet ... But wanted to advise ...

Thx

on 19716
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Irsir1\Parms]"DisablePowerManagement"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\L2TP1\Parms ]"DisablePowerManagement"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\Power ]"CurrentState"=dword:00000005
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\4 0C3 ]
"BtnWnd"=dword:00000000
"Default"="\"\\Windows\\AppButtons\\Camera.lnk\""
"Flags"=dword:00000000
"Icon"="\\windows\\Camera.exe, -100"
"Name"="Button 3 (Press & Hold)"
"ResetCmd"="\"\\Windows\\AppButtons\\Camera.lnk\""
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\State\ScreenOff ]"upt1:"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\State\Unattended ]"upt1:"=dword:00000001
on 20755
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Cl ass\SDMemory_Class ]"DisablePowerManagement"=dword:00000000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\WakeupPowerOff ]"WakeupPowerOff"=dword:00000000

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development