PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV 6900
Carrier: Verizon

chronodrago is keeping up the good workchronodrago is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool HTC Touch w/ GPS (fix effect left by customizations)

Hello everyone, so basiaclly I was one of the many people that let the customizations run on the VZW leaked rom and I was finalyl able to correct it and get GPS working! I am writing this post so I can compile what I've read and the various steps described over too many posts since I don't recall there actually being one solid post. lol
    1. First you want establish a activesync connection (or WMDC) [This will be required for all the steps to be completed] .
    2. Quote:
      Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
    3. Let the Touch boot up compeltely, so do the calibration but soft reset at the customization (poke the little hole right next to the usb with the stylus).
    4. Download this Sprint Rom and run the file to downgrade your phone. When the phone finishes and boots up, compelte the callibration but DO NOT LET THE CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN! Thank you
      Quote:
    5. Next you want to flash the Touch again with this file and this time, LET THE CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN.
      Quote:
      To run the file I believe it needs to be stuck in the directory this file is extracted to: ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/ImCoKeMaN/VogueRUU.rar In order to flash the Touch, run the file ROMUpdateUtility.exe

6. Quote:
      Then you need to unlock you’re your phone with
      ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/ImCoKeMaN/Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe
      You do this by running the file and following the instructions that pop up within the program.
    7. Almost done! Next you are going download this file. http://www.scottcrosler.com/vogue/HACKED_LEAKED_FULL/RUU_Full.rar This is scrosler's full leaked ROM with the full GPS capabilities added. Extract the .rar file (You can get WinRar if you need a extraction program) and run the file ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    8. Do the callibrations and LET CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN! and now you are done!
    9. To enjoy lightning fast GPS lock times follow the instructions located here: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=VerizonAGPSFix Follow the "Custom ROM" instructions. (For vista users, you are out of luck, one of hte two drivers required to be installed can not be found for Vista, although they do exist on WinXP. So if you have access to a XP computer, you can do it through there.)
Hopefully I didn't miss anything! And it wouldnt surprise me if any of the steps there are no needed, so please feel free to edit them!

I set it up step by step hoping that it might better convey the instructions to the people new to this (like me! haha) as i noticed that seemed to be a continuous request throughout a thread. I figured most people wouldnt be looking for instructions at the end of a 21pg (or w/e) thread lol

All the files and work courtesy of our fellow forum members, kyrumo and scrosler (i hope i didnt miss anyone)

Last edited by chronodrago; 12-16-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: quotes were missing
Old 03-23-2009, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Cricket

CriketDaniel is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch w/ GPS (fix effect left by customizations)

Is the "RUU Flash" a rom or just a GPS fix? I have a cricket rom flashed to my phone and am just looking for a GPS FIX.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6900

190rev is a n00b

Scott Crosler's full leaked hacked rom link not working...

Anybody have any other suggestions?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:21 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Why da hek they are selling pocket PCs without GPS enabled ?
I bought my vogue with GPS and thought they are all enabled...
Old 03-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

i have never had a flash error before but whenever i try to use that xv6900 rom the one were supposed to let customizations run on i get an error... cant figure out what the problem is.

Also scott croslers file is no longer there. I appreciate the effort but this has really fuked up my phone. Ive flashed my phone 50+ times never had a problem but now its got no os on it

Can someone please tell me what that file is that is in Step 5. It wont flash for me for some reason (when others will no problem) and theirs no explanation of what it is to help me with finding a similar one... this is really pissing me off.

Great since doing this i can no longer flash any 6900 roms...

and now i cant connect to my service

Last edited by buddhatikkigod; 04-03-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim X51v, Tilt, 8525 VX6900, Imagio
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

jadesse is becoming a great contributor

Try flashing a ROm in bootloader mode. power+camera+softrest.

You will need to copy RUU_Signed.nbh file & copy it to the root directory of your memory card. Next rename the file to VOGUIMG.nbh. Then enter into the bootloader mode & it should flash your Rom.

Note: if you are trying to flash a stock ROM that is an .exe then you will need winrar. You will need to extract the files from the .exe file in order to get to the .nbh file.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

if youre talking to me i tried all that. i eventually got my phone fixed by going through a bunch of old steps i originally went through to copy my 6700's ESN to my phone. Still thanks for the reply.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development