PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rsfeller is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
point me toward older bootloader?

I'm running the 2.05v and semi-stuck (not bricked of course). I found the procedure for reverting back to an older bootloader but like many posts on this site the links to files and other posts are dead.

Can someone tell me what bootloader version I want and where I can grab it?

No blasting please, I made a hard effort to look!
Old 10-01-2008, 02:41 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: point me toward older bootloader?

I'm not sure where you can either, links are all dead. Why do you need to revert? I have v2.05. The kitchen works with it, and plus the rom captivity doesn't matter because if you fill it up with that much junk you're gonna have a horrible ROM. I would leave it as is.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rsfeller is a n00b
Talking Re: point me toward older bootloader?

We'll I've been having some serious fun lately. I have installed a fairly clean Apache_WM6.1 that is fairly light with only a few config utilities. Every other flash doesn't go and I've been up a bit late sorting this out. I am now at work and having less luck.

My primary concern that in Outlook (if that is what they call it) my IMAP accounts have an issue after a half a day where I cannot get back in to edit them nor can I create a new account! It's all tweaked up. But also on this version it's the only way I can get the latest version of Arcsoft 5.x to work.

Since the outlook issue is huge I then tried a ROM of Helmi and that came with a bag of issues too, including the fact I could not get the same verions of Arcsoft MMS to work with the same registry and config settings.

So now I am back to the plain Apache_WM6.1 but the flash has failed 3 times. I guess I'll eventually find a work around or fix for my outlook concern.

I read on many posts that going back a bootloader version or two will help with the inability to "take" a flash. Right now I am about 20 hours into this project and the wife is going to leave me....
Old 10-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Are you using this post?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33076

All you need is winrar and bootloaderfix.rar and both those links work. You can get your ROM here:
http://www.pcdphones.com/uts_downloads.aspx
and extract those files.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rsfeller is a n00b

Great! and the links work!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development