PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Here's a new one by me.....

I have run into a pretty unusual (at least to me) bug on my wx.

Any app I try to install since yesterday does not work (the installation I mean). Every time I try to install a CAB it will do one of a few things...it will hang there forever, it will give me a message that it can't install because it is not signed with a certificate, or it will just think a bit and post the message that installation was unsuccessful.

I have tried with a couple different cards, on device, multiple downloads, safe-mode....everything I can thing of. Nothing has changed on my device since the last CAB I installed, so I have to wonder if there is a notice, area to clean, or reg entry to fix that I don't know about!!!!

I hope there are some suggestions....I hate to think I can't install anything without a hard reset or until I get a new device (come on VZW get on the ball with the 800w LOL).

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

ny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Here's a new one by me.....

-- what was the last cab you installed before the problems started? was it a clean install?
-- did you try a soft reset?
-- did you try restoring a backup you did before the problems started?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny152 View Post
-- what was the last cab you installed before the problems started? was it a clean install?
The newest version of A_C's S2U2 a couple weeks ago, and it was a smooth, clean install.

Quote:
-- did you try a soft reset?
yes, actually a few.

Quote:
-- did you try restoring a backup you did before the problems started?
That is my next step, I am waiting until I get out of work though so I can pay attention to it and make sure I don't mess it up!!

Thanks for the reply, I am still plugging away at it though!!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Uninstall S2U2, soft reset, then try to install something else.
What are you trying to install that you get the error messages on? Can you post a link or zip of apps that are giving you problems?

late,
Coz
Old 09-25-2008, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Uninstall S2U2, soft reset, then try to install something else.
What are you trying to install that you get the error messages on? Can you post a link or zip of apps that are giving you problems?

late,
Coz
OK...I will try the S2U2 idea. I am trying to give G-Alarm from ageye over at XDA a try:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=422362
Attached Files
File Type: zip G-Alarm.zip (446.4 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Downloading and installing now...will report back in a few...installed to my storage card without any problems.

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:22 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

clear temp?
for notifications I use dotfred.
s2u2 hasn't caused me any unusual trouble. just the typical stuff.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:28 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

installed ok for me. it even detected and "fixed" the alarm bug on my phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I may have found it! I was scrutinizing my memory card on my PC and notices an older version of G-Alarm that had no memory usage. I thought that was quite odd, so I deleted it...no problem, gone.

I pop the card back in the PPC and there it is again!!! I deleted it again and it told me it was protected or the card was locked (it wasn't), so I used RESCO to navigate to the file and delete it. After that I did a clean-up with Mem-Maid, did a reset, and even did a clean re-download from the site, and now I seem to be able to install!! I guess the file really messed things up. I have to wonder if it is affecting my card as well, I had one instance when I used file explorer to go to my card and got what looked like another language!!!!

Oh well, I guess I have to watch the files pretty carefully from here on out!!! Thanks for the help, I think I may be able to move on again!!!

*I just re-installed S2U2 and installed an update to another app, and I don't seem to be having any more problems, so I think I am in the clear!!..thanks again for the ideas!!!!

Last edited by syrguy1969; 09-25-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:40 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

if you do get it working, make sure you set day/week/once pattern for each alarm. I didn't the first time and kept getting exception messages. had to delete the alarm.xml from the program folder.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX