PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

SirNathaniel is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Referral Program

Hey guys, since many of us are looking to upgrade to a Diamond or Pro, maybe the Sprint Refer a Friend program can be of help, plus we'd be supporting a great carrier that is currently dealing with some financial difficulties...We want Sprint, the carrier that gives us the most features for our money and fastest mobile broadband to stay around, right? Well, maybe we can all take a step in this.

For each friend we refer to sprint (he/she must sign up), we get a 25$ visa debit card, and so does our friend. I know I have a 150$ upgrade bonus waiting to be used, and all I need is another 100$, so 4 friends=100$...shouldn't be too hard...

Anyone already doing this? If so, how's it worked for you so far?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Referral Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNathaniel View Post
Hey guys, since many of us are looking to upgrade to a Diamond or Pro, maybe the Sprint Refer a Friend program can be of help, plus we'd be supporting a great carrier that is currently dealing with some financial difficulties...We want Sprint, the carrier that gives us the most features for our money and fastest mobile broadband to stay around, right? Well, maybe we can all take a step in this.

For each friend we refer to sprint (he/she must sign up), we get a 25$ visa debit card, and so does our friend. I know I have a 150$ upgrade bonus waiting to be used, and all I need is another 100$, so 4 friends=100$...shouldn't be too hard...

Anyone already doing this? If so, how's it worked for you so far?
Not sure how you're getting your numbers for your math ($150 + $100), but the $250 price tag is only for new customers. If you're already a Sprint subscriber (and if you say you are receiving referral credits, you must be), you'd be getting $150 off the RETAIL price of the phone, not the new subscriber price. Retail for Diamond is $549, so $150 off would be $399.

Additionally, I'm fairly certain the referral card deal is limited to something like $250 in credits per year, which means that even if you happened to find 10 people who weren't already on Sprint to activate and claim you as a referral, you'd still have to cough up $150.

I've gotten referral credits before (I'm actually on my second set of cards, since they send u new ones if you make referrals after a year of receiving the first one), and I use mine to pay my Sprint bill, which is great- I look at it like having free service for a couple of months as a reward for helping spread the love. However, if your goal is to pay for a handset with this money, its a lot of effort to barely make a dent in the price of this particular handset.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Threadstarter

SirNathaniel is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sprint Referral Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Not sure how you're getting your numbers for your math ($150 + $100), but the $250 price tag is only for new customers. If you're already a Sprint subscriber (and if you say you are receiving referral credits, you must be), you'd be getting $150 off the RETAIL price of the phone, not the new subscriber price. Retail for Diamond is $549, so $150 off would be $399.

Additionally, I'm fairly certain the referral card deal is limited to something like $250 in credits per year, which means that even if you happened to find 10 people who weren't already on Sprint to activate and claim you as a referral, you'd still have to cough up $150.

I've gotten referral credits before (I'm actually on my second set of cards, since they send u new ones if you make referrals after a year of receiving the first one), and I use mine to pay my Sprint bill, which is great- I look at it like having free service for a couple of months as a reward for helping spread the love. However, if your goal is to pay for a handset with this money, its a lot of effort to barely make a dent in the price of this particular handset.
Part of that was actually based on some of the spare cash I have at my disposal already.

Good to know the other info, though, thank you!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development