PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Excalibur
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 04:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Geek Girl is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Converting my Dash?

Hi.

I have recently had to switch cell phone companies, from T-Mobile to Sprint.

And...as you can probably guess, I still LOVE my Dash!!! (hugs and kisses in love with it!!).

Well...I switched to Sprint and have the Samsung Ace which runs the same software and features as Dash does...EXCEPT...you CANNOT Text/send any pictures at all, Arrggh!!! I have heard there is a program that can be downloaded so that the Ace will do mms and am looking into that...

But my Dash does do mms, etc....soooo....would there be any way to keep using my beloved Dash by converting it or something?

Help!

Geek Girl
Old 09-13-2008, 05:06 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Converting my Dash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek Girl View Post
Hi.

I have recently had to switch cell phone companies, from T-Mobile to Sprint.

And...as you can probably guess, I still LOVE my Dash!!! (hugs and kisses in love with it!!).

Well...I switched to Sprint and have the Samsung Ace which runs the same software and features as Dash does...EXCEPT...you CANNOT Text/send any pictures at all, Arrggh!!! I have heard there is a program that can be downloaded so that the Ace will do mms and am looking into that...

But my Dash does do mms, etc....soooo....would there be any way to keep using my beloved Dash by converting it or something?

Help!

Geek Girl
The Ace is a windows mobile 6 phone, you should be able to add text to your device with this thread:

sMMS Picture Mail Composer

And t-mobile is gsm, the phone won't work on our cdma network...

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

*sniff, sob* I know, I've been hearing that.... !!

*sigh* Now onto your link you've sent me...(thanks, btw!

I am going to look into figuring out how to download that into my Ace. Am a bit skittish I might not do it right and mess up the phone...but if it works and I can then send/text pictures, I will be ONE HAPPY GEEK GIRL, again!

WHY did Sprint DISABLE such a feature when Dash does it just dandy?!?!

Arrrghhh.

And hey, fellow Wichitan, what are the odds? Small Networld, eh?

Last edited by Geek Girl; 09-13-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

btw: How do you like your Touch? Thinking of switching to that one instead of the Ace...
Old 09-14-2008, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tmo (htc) Dash

elrey is a n00b

i feel your pain i have a tmo dash no tmo tho...

been waiting for the diamond...so i went from a dash to a motorola boost prepaid phone waiting for this week!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek Girl View Post
btw: How do you like your Touch? Thinking of switching to that one instead of the Ace...
i think it's a good switch. honestly, i think u'd love the touch and would no longer miss your Dash.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Stifling: seriously? How so? Does that touch screen wear out quickly? And does one miss the physical keyboard? Is it easy to use? You can't use it with one hand, either, right? What does it do that Ace won't/can't?

And of course, I'd have to download the smms for it,too, (in order to be able to 'send' pics as texts)..right?

But yeah, I am thinking of switching to it...so many people seem to have it and reviews look promising.....

Last edited by Geek Girl; 09-15-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:56 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I would trade you a mogul for a dash in a hearbeat! I need a gsm phone for those "special occasions"

also it looks like no2chem might have a "real" version of sprint mms working for other ppc's soon. since sprint finally officially made one for the diamond.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:08 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hi again all:

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore.

Even though the Diamond (text sends pics which is a big thing for me)...is due probably within my 30 day window to switch phones...(am a new customer to Sprint)..

Last night, I switched out my Ace for HTC Touch...and someone here said that if I had that, I woudn't miss my Dash as much...you know what? So far, you are right!

It is a FUN phone to use! Spent a couple hrs with it last night getting oriented with it....and I am now gonna go revisit that smms download site and see if I can't get that on my Touch..I can always upgrade to the Diamond at a later point....

But I'm gonna have questions about this phone!

Like....when you set up the 'Vision' thing (to where you can check your email..etc.a.so notice a Sprint mail icon...is that same or different? Anyway: Are you then being charged the 30 bucks per month internet fee to do so? Or is it worse and I'm being charged some outrageous per minute fee to use it and I should call 'em to get the 30 buck thing?

HELP!

Geek Girl
Old 09-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

they have unlimited evdo on sprint for 15 a month.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Excalibur