PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom Weather Database 11/11/2008 - City Request Accepted (works with Manilla)

How to use it. Okay I have been working on this for some time. and Now it is finally available. I have gone through and deleted every city that is not in the United States. I then went through and renamed every city, So that it will show the State instead of the country. and then I went and added 300 more cities to the database.

How to use it. Just take this file (HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml) drop it into your windows folder from activesync. Then soft reset your phone and if you go to your weather tab from HTC home, it should include all of the updated cities.

This will only work with HTC home. For any chefs you can also include this file in your custom ROM.

Please if you want your home town added, let me know and I will add it into it. Sorry I did not have a chance to test every single city that i added into it. but they should all work, With any changes or anything please let me know and I will make them.

I hope everyone enjoys this, Dont forget to press thanks.

okay for people that can not get this to work i have included 2 different cab files. the one called HTC kaiser Home, is a 5 tab it does not include profiles, it that is what i am using it it works for my custom weather, the other one called custom weather is a 6 tab htc home plugin, it to will work for custom weather, so if you can not seem to get this working, try to install one of the 2 cab files and then try again, because i have this working on mine, and it seem to work great.

Okay sorry for everyone that has not been able to get this to work, you can try to install either of those cabs below, of there is another file called HTChome.dll and if you use resco explorer or total commander you are able to drag that file into your \windows folder. this is the stock HTC vogue file that allows for custom weather, so if you can not get the other files to work, use this one if you are using an offical ROM and then it should work. please let me know, i will also be updateing the weather in a few minutes. Thanks for everyone.

To make this work with manilla, Download this file and place that and the weathercities file, into your windows folder. This will add custom weather to manilla.

for help this link should help you out a lot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319187

HTML Code:
Change Log

9/21/2008, Cities have been added, Download the file Custom City Files, 
Inside you will find 3 files, One is if you are using Manilla and you have not 
yet added the patch file, the other is if you are using HTC Home and you 
have not added the attach file. The last one is the actual weather database. 
Replace weather database with file in your windows folder. 

9/28/08, Whosdaman  helped and cleaned up some cities, made some work 
better and also added cities in mexico into the file. So now the database 
includes USA, Canada, and Mexico. So make sure everyone thanks 
Whosdaman for his help with that. 

10/4/08, Guitardoc64 deserves a big thanks for looking over the file, and fixing
 spelling mistakes and zip code errors, So everyone give Guitardoc64 a Thank You

10/11/08, New Cities are added, Added Puerto Rico into there.
 Added more canadian cities, And fixed some mistakes with other cities. 

10/16/08, New cities, nothing to major

10/21/08, State of Louisiana is now included thanks to Guitardoc64 for that.
 Working on adding more cities all the time, Keep request coming. 

11/11/08, Sorry to everyone i have been busy and not around here, so i am sorry for slacking everything. 
Enjoy.

Last edited by conflipper; 11-11-2008 at 10:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 50 times.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
Re: Custom Weather Database- City Request Accepted

ok I tried it but it didnt work, might have something to do with the version of htc home I have or something could you post up the cab that you are using for your HTC Home?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
MIA
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
ok I tried it but it didnt work, might have something to do with the version of htc home I have or something could you post up the cab that you are using for your HTC Home?
check the first post again. I use a custom rom with all of this cooked into it so it works for me, but this cab should work just perfect, it is also a 6 tab.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:38 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Thank you!!! for sharing conflipper! I'm sure that many will benefit from your hard work! I'll take a look at it this evening. Is wichita, ks in there?

This is what this site should be about. Us all working together and sharing, That way we can all make better roms and better understand our devices and the programs that run on them!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Thanks, much.....adding the file to windows was very easy. I did notice one thing, peculiar to my situation. My nearest little city is Santa Maria, CA. No problem setting the weather, however, the temps are off, when I compare them to Accuweather's site.....for example, right now it is saying that the temp is 90 degrees in Santa Maria, but when I click on "more", which opens internet explorer to the Accuweather page, the actual temp is 78 degrees. The five day forecast is off as well. Is there a chance that it is pointing to the wrong city?
Old 09-02-2008, 06:45 PM
MIA
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Thanks, much.....adding the file to windows was very easy. I did notice one thing, peculiar to my situation. My nearest little city is Santa Maria, CA. No problem setting the weather, however, the temps are off, when I compare them to Accuweather's site.....for example, right now it is saying that the temp is 90 degrees in Santa Maria, but when I click on "more", which opens internet explorer to the Accuweather page, the actual temp is 78 degrees. The five day forecast is off as well. Is there a chance that it is pointing to the wrong city?
yeah you were right i had 93545 and it should be 93454. So i fixed that and reload it up, I also added pismo beach for you. So now it should be closer to you.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

OhioState87 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OhioState87 Send a message via MSN to OhioState87

Just installed your Alltel ROM, as you know, and came across a mistake in the cities. You have Weirton, OH, but it should be Weirton, WV with a zip code of 26062. Right across the Ohio river from Weirton, WV that I thought would be worth mentioning is Steubenville, Ohio with zip codes of 43952 and 43953. While you're at it, can I request another town not too far away from Steubenville? The city is Martins Ferry, OH 43935.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 PM
MIA
Threadstarter

Changes Made, Thanks for letting me know that. I also added the 2 cities that you asked for. Updates are in the first post. All updates will be in the first post for future use.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: Sprint

evilvoice is just getting started

Can you add Snellville, GA 30039. Also, you say it works with HTC home...isnt that what comes standard on every carrier rom, or are you talking about the CUSTOM HTC home that includes more than 4 tabs? I only ask because in the today screen option, HTC Home has always been there, as long as someone didnt remove it...
Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 PM
MIA
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilvoice View Post
Can you add Snellville, GA 30039. Also, you say it works with HTC home...isnt that what comes standard on every carrier rom, or are you talking about the CUSTOM HTC home that includes more than 4 tabs? I only ask because in the today screen option, HTC Home has always been there, as long as someone didnt remove it...
some people use custom roms and not every custom rom has HTC home. Give me some time, and let me get some more request. and then i will add snellville to the list. but yeah. HTC home is included in every single carrier ROM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development