PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is kitchen officially NOT working with VISTA?

I mean vista has 180 million users now and ive been told the kitchen isnt working for it.

Ive been trying and trying to get my apache from winmo 6.0 original helmi to 6.1 thru the kitchen and still no luck.

why isnt anybody posting a pre-made 6.1 rom for people who cant use the kitchen or simply because they dont have time to.

i really need help
Old 08-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: is kitchen officially NOT working with VISTA?

you just have to run the kitchen as an administrator go to your programs click open the ppckitchen folder then right click on build os then select run as administrator.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 08-17-2008, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
you just have to run the kitchen as an administrator go to your programs click open the ppckitchen folder then right click on build os then select run as administrator.
well the program itself doesnt have issue to load. its more about when it comes to flashing that im getting these "104 connection errors"...
Old 08-17-2008, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

dthames is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
well the program itself doesnt have issue to load. its more about when it comes to flashing that im getting these "104 connection errors"...

Just like SBR said, all you have to do is right click on the buildos icon and select run as administrator and everything should work fine.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The kitchen officially DOES work with Vista.

If you haven't set it to run as administrator, it will ask for admin permission when you run it.

If the RUU (the flash utility) is giving you connection errors, thats something between your phone and your PC, nothing to do with the kitchen or a ROM.

I don't know who told you Vista and kitchen aren't comptible - they most certainly are. There is a compatibility issues between v1.00 bootloader and Vista. If you have bootloader v1.00, you will need to update to v1.02. That has nothing to do with the kitchen - you'll have the same isse trying to flash any rom.

If you don't have time to make a ROM, you really shouldn't be trying to flash one either. Making a rom is about 15 minutes longer than flashing one.

Last edited by gguruusa; 08-17-2008 at 02:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Works perfect in Vista, Need to run as an admin....
Old 08-17-2008, 06:07 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I know ggruusa says v1.00 bootloader doesn't work but it does for me with Vista. I NEVER had any problems with my v1.00 bootloader. The bootlodaer I had a problem with was v1.04 (all of this was on Vista). I find that if I disable my USB Connection in Windows Mobile Device Center that it will work with probably ANY bootloader. I've used v1.00 , v1.04 and v2.05 So try diabling the connections and it should work.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 08-24-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
I know ggruusa says v1.00 bootloader doesn't work but it does for me with Vista. I NEVER had any problems with my v1.00 bootloader. The bootlodaer I had a problem with was v1.04 (all of this was on Vista). I find that if I disable my USB Connection in Windows Mobile Device Center that it will work with probably ANY bootloader. I've used v1.00 , v1.02 and v2.05 So try diabling the connections and it should work.
i did this and it FINALLY worked! thank god!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:18 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yep. The old WM6 Kitchen would work for me without it but not the WM6.1 I read this tip from a guy in the Original WM6 Thread.

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 08-24-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Yep. The old WM6 Kitchen would work for me without it but not the WM6.1 I read this tip from a guy in the Original WMd Thread.
It's not that it won't work, it's that it won't work reliably.

Assuming you guys are starting with your phone in bootloader mode, I can't imagine why this would work. It's the same RUU between the WM6 and WM6.1 kitchens, same Windows Vista, and same bootloader version. The fact that it's a different rom being flashed is irrelevant..the ruu/WMDC/Vista/bootloader can't tell anything about what the ROM contains.

Nonetheless, I'll give this a shot and see if it works for me..transporting files to XP blows.

Last edited by gguruusa; 08-18-2008 at 11:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development