PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you done these changes and has it affected your GPS?
I've done the changes and my GPS still works great 3 21.43%
I've done the changes and my GPS is inconsistent 2 14.29%
I haven't done the changes and my GPS is great 7 50.00%
I haven't done the changes and my GPS is still inconsistent 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
For those with GPS issues...

Have you done the battery hacks? You know, the registry changes under Comm:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\AsyncMac1\Parms] Default value type and value are “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:1 Change to “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:0 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Irsir1\Parms] Default value type and value are “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:1 Change to “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:0 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\PPTP1\Parms] Default value type and value are “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:1 Change to “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:0 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\L2TP1\Parms] Default value type and value are “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:1 Change to “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:0

I've seemed to notice that these hacks seem to cause problems with my GPS. If I have them at the default settings, my GPS has worked great. If I change them things get inconsistent.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For those with GPS issues...

In my Vista ROM and my personal use ROM I have those battery tweaks cooked in and everyone is reporting super fast GPS locks and I know personally I am getting less than 5 second locks after first boot and it never gets any slower.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:20 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For those with GPS issues...

I wonder which category the GPS would fall into. I've got a modified stock rom based off the latest release. The only this I've really done is added virser.dll to \windows that I can remember.... And maybee that gpsmode=2 hack.
But I've always had the battery hack above so I'm not sure...But I'm having no issues!

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development