PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kirvin WM5 build question

I have flashed to Kirvin's build and I really like it. Great job on the space saving! There is one thing that is missing that I would like to have. That is the voice speed dial so that I can dial numbers by using my bluetooth headset. Does anyone know what cab needs to be installed for this to happen?

UPDATE: Sorry, I found the cab. MOD Please delete post.

Last edited by ElAguila; 07-20-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Kirvin WM5 build question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
I have flashed to Kirvin's build and I really like it. Great job on the space saving! There is one thing that is missing that I would like to have. That is the voice speed dial so that I can dial numbers by using my bluetooth headset. Does anyone know what cab needs to be installed for this to happen?

UPDATE: Sorry, I found the cab. MOD Please delete post.
LOL @ space savings w/ apache ROM - that's just silly (you may as well use ROM space up...unlike other devices, it's not useable for anything else).
Old 07-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Lurker

wnwn is a n00b

Will you provide me with the link to download Kirvin's build? I downloaded one but it wouldn't flash through.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I downloaded from ppcGeeks here:
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Apache/Users/Kirv...104_Sprint.rar. Click on QLinks at the top and the select the ftp upload/download link and then follow this path. As far as the space, I have a lot of uses other than being a phone for my ppc-6700 so I like every bit of rom and ram free that I can get.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
As far as the space, I have a lot of uses other than being a phone for my ppc-6700 so I like every bit of rom and ram free that I can get.
Free RAM space is desirable, and largely a function of WM version and active Today screen items - which basically means that aside from this being WM5 it isn't going to help you in that regard.

Free ROM space is just wasted ROM space on this device. You should be trying to fill it up, though not necessarily with just any software (e.g. today items will obviously take away from RAM if you enable them)

Free Program storage is desirable also, and is largely a function of the quality of the OEMs in your ROM. OEMs which a) cause an install on boot or b) move big files using initflashfiles.txt or provxml should be scrapped.

At any rate, Kirvin's kitchen is the kitchen of that time repackaged with some minor tweaks to program shortcut organization and a couple of common regedits already baked in. You're better off getting later WM5 kitchens, which have additional fixes.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Lurker

wnwn is a n00b

ggrusa, I am willing to try another WM5 kitchen later than Kirvin's build provided here... Can you provide me with a link? I want to try one that someone already as 'cooked' up.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

What are some of the newer "lightweight" builds? I need one that leaves me maximum space because I have some large programs of my own that I need to install I don't really want to install them on the miniSD card.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Deep Thinker

you can cook a wm6.1 for a lightweight build. Program storage will be maximal, on apache, if you are careful what additional OEMs you pick (most won't impact storage space at all). WM5 will not give you more Storage space.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnwn View Post
ggrusa, I am willing to try another WM5 kitchen later than Kirvin's build provided here... Can you provide me with a link? I want to try one that someone already as 'cooked' up.

Thanks
You'll have to search. I have Helmi 3.5 (which was the last WM5 kitchen), but it's not packaged.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
you can cook a wm6.1 for a lightweight build. Program storage will be maximal, on apache, if you are careful what additional OEMs you pick (most won't impact storage space at all). WM5 will not give you more Storage space.
I was using BuildOS with the Helmi 6.1 kitchen and the smallest I can get the WM6 build is 57MB. That is with only choosing the office options. I am not sure what else I can do. I guess I will just flash it and then see how much space is really used on the rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development