PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2008, 10:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX
Carrier: Verizon

larryo108 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to larryo108 Send a message via MSN to larryo108 Send a message via Yahoo to larryo108
Help needed with custom ROM for Treo 700wx

I am a newb, but I have searched and been unable to find what I need. I am trying to build a custom rom for my Treo 700wx. I have found the tools to convert a cab file into an OEM package. Now all of the other ROM kitchens are very automated and you can just click on the OEM and everything is done for you. The kitchen that we have for the 700 (thanks Ebag) is not as advanced. SO once I have converted my information to an OEM package, how do I add it to the ROM? DO I just take everything from the folder and add it to the ROM or is there something else that needs to be done?

Second, I have an MP3 ringtone, I would like to add. I have added it to my
ROM and tried to move it to the WIndows/RIngs folder using an initflashfile, but it did not work. Can anyone give me any tips here?

Finally, I would like to build into the ROM all of the standard settings the way that I like to have them. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to do that? Would using a .rgu file be the easiest way?

Thanks in advance for all of the help in advance. Much appreciated.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development