PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

edg1931 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RUU Stopped Working Error

I've searched the forums and posted in the kitchen thread, but no one seems to have a solid answer for me. I'm at my wits end with this as I've tried everything I can think of for 2 weeks. This is the situation:

I have Windows Vista Premium with a Verizon PPC. Ihave boatloader 1.04 and I've read that there seem to be problems with this. Well after a week of constant attempts I finally got my phone to flash up to WM 6.1. Everything is great except that HTC Home doesnt work and that's the main program I wanted from the upgade. I tried flashing again and no luck.

I've been now trying to flash for the past week and a half to get the HTC Home working, but everytime I get past the first screen when you're ready to flash it says that the RUU stopped working. I've tried everything concievable combination of driver, USB reconize, and Mobile Device Center combo, that I can think of and no luck! If anyone has any sort of expierience with this I would really really appreciate it! SOrry for posting this as a thread, but I really need help with this haha
Old 06-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: RUU Stopped Working Error

Have you seen this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/window...ltimate-guide/

I'd use XP myself...
Old 06-15-2008, 07:18 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I'm having a problem with trying to flash to WM6.1 (Same phone details as the OP). I had to use XP and use RUU 0.04x in a WM6 kitchen. The WM6.1 don't got those though. And by the way I've tried using the MoDaCo Thread, It doesn't work. I followed his dirrections carefully too.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you are having trouble using all of the RUU in the kitchen, the problem is you at one time flashed a rom that was too big for your 1.04/2.04/2.05 phone. This happens most often from flashing an old WM6 verizonguy rom, but can happen from other sources as well. The solution is to restore partitions using task 28 55aa, then flash a radio and a rom.

The modaco things was for an older version of MDC. It no longer applies.

Last edited by gguruusa; 06-15-2008 at 09:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:07 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

My phone only works when using 0.04x RUU. But the WM6.1 kitchen only has standard, those and noID Don't work on my phone. And I got the phone with the newest Verizon ROM, which upgraded bootlodaer to 1.04. My ROM right now is a small rom from the WM6 kitchen. Thanks again for the help.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:27 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Read my prior post.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul / PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

jalban1324 is a n00b

I had the same problem and upgrading to Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 on the Vista machine resolved it.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalban1324 View Post
I had the same problem and upgrading to Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 on the Vista machine resolved it.
It's a good idea to un-install MDC 6.0 and reboot before installing MDC 6.1. I upgraded from 6 to 6.1 and had major issues copying files from my pc to my phone. I followed some good advice on the forum and did the above stated and it solved my problem. Haven't had any issues since...
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 06-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
My phone only works when using 0.04x RUU. But the WM6.1 kitchen only has standard, those and noID Don't work on my phone. And I got the phone with the newest Verizon ROM, which upgraded bootlodaer to 1.04. My ROM right now is a small rom from the WM6 kitchen. Thanks again for the help.
If by 0.04x RUU you mean X.04+ in the WM6 kitchen, that is the same in the WM6.1 kitchen as setting REV=1.04 and RUU=Standard. This is the third time I've told you this.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:58 AM
My ROMS On My Site

Okay, yes you're right. I didn't understand that, (Was leaving it at 1.00). I've loaded my phone with WM6.1 ON VISTA, and I also found a dialpad that works with the Verizon *228 update. Today is a good Day! Thanks everyone who helped with this!

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 06-18-2008 at 08:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development