PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 12:26 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I can't figure this out??

I have looked and searched and I am convinced there is an ez answer but I can't find it and I can't remember. After I get a voice mail and there is the left soft key quick launch to get the phone to dial voice mail when I hit it it dials the old number this phone use to have. I have changed speed dial 1 to the currant number so if I hold 1 down it dials the correct number and all that works fine. I am almost positive this has to be a registry edit but I can't find it dose anyone have any idea what I need to change?
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
Re: I can't figure this out??

Ah, the good ol' voicemail softkey issue. I haven't had this one in ages. Fixing this is pretty simple:

Open a registry editor on your device and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/System/State/Messages/vmail

If you click on vmail, you should see a value in the window on the bottom of your screen; something that says VMailNumber. This should be your phone number (1234567890). If there's a different value, click on it and replace it with your phone number.

In my case, the key didn't even exist for some reason, so I had to create it. If that's the situation for you, just do this:

Click edit
New String Value
Enter VMailNumber (instead of new value 1 or whatever) and your phone number in the other field
Click ok

This was on the old forum, but the URL that I had linked to previously (from 2006) no longer worked.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:56 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: I can't figure this out??

Well done I knew it had to be in there and I think I remember reading about it before I just couldn't find it with a search. Thanks for all your help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX