PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Lurker

Stang04GT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slide 2 Unlock on Treo

is there any way the I can install slide 2 unlock on a treo 700wx?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Slide 2 Unlock on Treo

This thread was just posted

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26039

regarding updated S2U2. It will run on WM5 devices,but you may want to contact the developer to make sure that includes the 700WX

Old 05-25-2008, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yes, it does work on WM5 and our wx's!!! I have been using it since just about day one, so no problems there (the caller ID screen is GREAT, and you may also want to check out A_C's others S2P and S2V)!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 08:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX

larryo108 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to larryo108 Send a message via MSN to larryo108 Send a message via Yahoo to larryo108

I am not running S2U2 at the moment, but had been. The only issue I was having is that at times I had to press the power on button more than once. Sometimes, once was enough. Other times it took 2, 3, or 4 presses.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Money-theiving VZW

xd1936 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to xd1936

Yes, but if you use the green button to power on, usually that works on 1 or 2

Old 05-27-2008, 09:47 AM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
I am not running S2U2 at the moment, but had been. The only issue I was having is that at times I had to press the power on button more than once. Sometimes, once was enough. Other times it took 2, 3, or 4 presses.
Actually, I did a hard reset and started from scratch a couple weeks ago (I know.....some people are getting sick of hearing that line from me....sorry), and ever since, a pleasant side-effect is that I don't have this problem any longer, my screen powers up on the first press every time now.

Basically I am suggesting that if you really want to try it, a clean start may be the way to go, it fixed a lot more than that for me, but I thought it was relevant to post here for this fix.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX

larryo108 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to larryo108 Send a message via MSN to larryo108 Send a message via Yahoo to larryo108

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd1936 View Post
Yes, but if you use the green button to power on, usually that works on 1 or 2
You are correct, but sometimes it would bring up the dialer when pressing the button. Of course, that was generally when I was using the hacked WM5 standard dialer. When using the Palm dialer, the green button did work well. Forgot about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Actually, I did a hard reset and started from scratch a couple weeks ago (I know.....some people are getting sick of hearing that line from me....sorry), and ever since, a pleasant side-effect is that I don't have this problem any longer, my screen powers up on the first press every time now.

Basically I am suggesting that if you really want to try it, a clean start may be the way to go, it fixed a lot more than that for me, but I thought it was relevant to post here for this fix.
Oh man, I have ahrd reset and built my phone so many times since I first got it, it's not even funny. Between flashing ROMs and other stuff, I have hard reset a number of times. I am not afraid of a hard reset.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
Oh man, I have ahrd reset and built my phone so many times since I first got it, it's not even funny. Between flashing ROMs and other stuff, I have hard reset a number of times. I am not afraid of a hard reset.
Oh well, I guess it can't work for everyone!! Personally, I didn't think it was to bad of a glitch to live with for all the app did. Good luck!!

P.S. 'Flashing ROM's....on the wx? Are you trying out the TreoCentral ROM flashing they are experimenting with? If so (that is the only place I have seen any headway in wx ROM flashing), maybe if you cook S2U2 into the ROM itself you can get it to work the way you want?
Old 05-28-2008, 04:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

RawRapz is a n00b
Question Help me Im a Noob

How do i Install the Slide 2 Unlock on Treo 700wx...iphone version thanks to all.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Re: Help me Im a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawRapz View Post
How do i Install the Slide 2 Unlock on Treo 700wx...iphone version thanks to all.
Right here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...highlight=S2U2

Welcome to the community, Ask anything you need to know, but a quick search will answer a lot, and it is really suggested 'search before posting'! (Just a friendly suggestion.)

P.S. You will love this app, works GREAT!!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX