PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Lurker

mysty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Palm Desktop (Mac) Memo app replacement

Hi all,

Once of the things I liked about this on my previous Palm OS based Treo was that I had access to all sorts of notes on both the phone and my home mac, which I used for passwords, health stuff, SW serials, everything..

Now my world is different - in an effort to keep it simple (and as my outlook calendar is more active), I'm using ActiveSync with my work LT. Could use macintoshpocketpc.com or missing sync for windows mobile for the mac @ home, but Im not.

If I use the notes feature on the 750v it will sync back to my work laptop Outlook main pst [edit: actually its the ost] file, which is then synced to the email server.

But - and its a big but for me - I don't want this stuff syncing back to the Outlook server (doh!). I'm generally erring on the side of paranoia - and tend to keep that kind of information on non syncing PST folders on my work LT, or in a truecrypt volume. FWIW, I think every LT user should be using treucrypt...

To get back on topic, ideally what I would like is some kind of Notes/memo app replacement that syncs with something outside of the context of Outlook. Nice to have would be free tagging support as well.

Does anyone with more than a few days WM5 experience have any recommendations?

TIA,

mysty

PS. Just coz I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they are not out to get me
Old 02-14-2007, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL --> KPN soon

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to SpeedDemon
I don't beleive that notes will sync back to outlook. At least not if you use the Notes functionality on the Treo. And not keep them in your mailprogram.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mysty is a n00b
Hi Speedy,

well I did some testing, and Notes on the Treo does Sync the files back to the Notes in Outlook. This would then be synced back to the big mothership mail server that I'm trying to keep this info away from.

Of course, I could turn Notes syncing off in Activesync, but that really defeats the purpose. The main point is to be able to edit, search and manage this textual stuff on both the Treo and the desktop, just outside of the context of Outlook.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL --> KPN soon

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to SpeedDemon
Can't find anything that might work other then Word. You can sync documents with your desktop as well. They would not show up in outlook....
Someone else got eny ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v