PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Applications

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pantech duo

quizsle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
pantech duo (c810)

how do i delete the application that are preload on the phone like games and such don't buy this phone it sucks it freeze up after like three weeks
Old 01-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
More then likely those programs you want to uninstall were included in the ROM. When programs are included in the ROM their is no way to just uninstall them. You would have to customize/hack the ROM to get rid of those programs. And I don't think the tools are out there to hack the Duo ROM.

As far as the freezing problem on your Duo. To me it sounds like you are getting low on memory. If your Duo was freezing up right when you got it, I would say it was the phone. To help with memory problems here are a few things to do.

1. Start > System Tools > Task Manager - This will close programs you don't want running in the back ground.

2. Start > File Manager > Windows > StartUp - Deleting some or all of these programs shortcuts from this folder will help gain more memory on startup and should increase bootup time some. You may need to do step #1 firdt to safely delete these. Or you may need a program like Total Commander to delete them.

3. Get SKTools for smartphones - http://s-k-tools.com/index.html?m_do...html#tstandard This is a nice little program that will clean many caches and other folders that will take away from the available memory for your phone.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 01-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Lurker

PSCSmoke is a n00b
if you re-install a program, it is then uninstallable
so
1. install & overwrite
2. uninstall program
3. program gone

caveat: keep programs for future needs (don't delete the Copies of install cabs)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Applications