PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 08:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Anyone have a "clean" 6.5.X rom for a Verizon tp2 ?

Hey all,

Need to go back to a old phone for a few days, but, the device I have is on 6.1....dreading it, Does ANYONE have a good 6.5.3 or higher CLEAN (just the OS/drivers), rom with Verizon features ?

Something I can download, as most of the roms in the dev area are dead....

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 04-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Anyone have a "clean" 6.5.X rom for a Verizon tp2 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Hey all,

Need to go back to a old phone for a few days, but, the device I have is on 6.1....dreading it, Does ANYONE have a good 6.5.3 or higher CLEAN (just the OS/drivers), rom with Verizon features ?

Something I can download, as most of the roms in the dev area are dead....
2009 called and they want their phone back. lol In all seriousness, the Sharkie ROM is still available. That was my favorite for the TP2. Also, there is a Energy rom still available here.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
2009 called and they want their phone back. lol In all seriousness, the Sharkie ROM is still available. That was my favorite for the TP2. Also, there is a Energy rom still available here.
Yea, no kidding 2009. The problem is Nokia is swapping my 928 out for a ICON(long story). The problem is, I need to send them my 928 and wait for the shipping time. So for 3-5 days I would be with out a phone. It still works and does not need me to pay any money for a phone for a few days.

When I was looking to sell this phone, people were paying like $40 for them, so I figured I would just keep it. Good thing I did... It still works...Kind of...

I updated it to MR3 with 6.5 and disabled touch flo, it's better but, I want a clean 6.5.3+ with all verizon features...
Old 04-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Okkay, well, I hope you find something that will work for a few days while you wait for your Nokia. Sorry we couldn't help you out.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Okkay, well, I hope you find something that will work for a few days while you wait for your Nokia. Sorry we couldn't help you out.
No, you helped, thanks a lot !

BTW, the Roms you link to, do you have the threads that they are in, so I know what is on those roms.

It's been a really long time from playing with a TP2....

I remember you being a BIG WM fan back in the day, with the PPCkitchen (wish we had something like that for WP, what phone are you sporting these days ?
Old 04-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
No, you helped, thanks a lot !

BTW, the Roms you link to, do you have the threads that they are in, so I know what is on those roms.
Sure the Energy Rom can be found here, and the Sharkie Rom can be found here.

Quote:
It's been a really long time from playing with a TP2....

I remember you being a BIG WM fan back in the day, with the PPCkitchen (wish we had something like that for WP, what phone are you sporting these days ?
Yes, I was! Good memory!! These days I am using a Note II. Dropped it a few weeks ago, but I almost have it back together. I just cured the new LOCA to the new screen glass last night. Whew! Quite a process...

Old 04-10-2014, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Sure the Energy Rom can be found here, and the Sharkie Rom can be found here.

Yes, I was! Good memory!! These days I am using a Note II. Dropped it a few weeks ago, but I almost have it back together. I just cured the new LOCA to the new screen glass last night. Whew! Quite a process...

Yea, this TP2 the touch screen part did not work on it...A while ago I picked one up on ebay figuring I would fix it at some point. So the other day, when they wanted a return, I was like oh, crap no phone.

I had the whole thing apart and even the touch screen part does not fit right, so it scraches my ear when talking on it....

Going from a 4.5" display back down to a 3.6" kind if stinks... Thank god it's got a keyboard because I cant even use the touch screen to type (too small) !!!

And yes, I remember you very well, we had many discussions about PPCkitchen (boy would I love that right now to create my custom 6.5.3 CLEAN rom). Those were the days when this site was hopping with WIndows Mobile roms...

Thanks again for your help !
Old 04-11-2014, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Ugh, after a few days of looking, finding a clean 6.5.5ish rom is impossible. Every time I find a link, it's to a dead URL.

I guess I have no choice but to try the 2 roms you listed, I was really hoping I could find the Titainiam version of the MightyRom...but, ever that is a fail on here and XDA...

Still might have this phone till mid to end of next week, I need AT LEAST a 6.5.3 rom...

oh, well, thanks for your help !
Old 04-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ahh never mind... Was a dead link too!

Last edited by Thundaar2000; 04-11-2014 at 03:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Orange

-Jonny- is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

There is a Mr.x Titanium here which downloads, but it's only 6.5
MR.X ROM | MightyROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2