PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Lurker

rirawan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
palm messaging with dopod 838pro/HTC Hermes 100

Hi,

Just wondering whether anyone tried the palm messaging beta4 with dopod 838pro/HTC Hermes 100 yet?

I tried the pre_AKU_2.3_beta4 version and when i tried to install the cab files, i got an err msg that the software install was unsuccessful. My AKU ver is 2.3.0, however according to the readme it should work with this version as long as I don't copy manually the files to the \Windows dir.

Any comment or suggestion is appreciated
TIA
Old 12-17-2006, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hannip is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to hannip
Try the install immediately after a soft reset before opening any poulook apps. Before the soft reset remove poutlook from \Windows\Startup
Old 12-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rirawan is a n00b
thanks for your suggestion, i'll try it and post the result after. thanks again
Old 12-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
And delete all SMS'es and emails fiorst also, just to be safe
Old 12-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rirawan is a n00b
thanks for all your help now palm messaging is installed in my dopod 838pro

I usually using cabinstall program to install .cab files, and it did not work with palm messaging(always got error message that the install was unsuccessful). I managed to installed it by clicking the palm messaging.cab in file explorer and the program installed ok.

However I ran into a couple problems:
1.Map left soft key hack does not work (i'm using beta 4), probably it doesn't work with dopod 838pro like in treo 700wx and PPC-6700.
2.MMS works fine via original messaging app, but NOT under palm messaging even they have the same setting. In the original messaging MMS setting i can specify port no 9201, while in palm messaging i can't. i wonder whether this port setting caused my MMS does not work. I tried to to used the port in the MMS url ie http://mmsurl:9201 but still does not work

any comments or suggestion are welcome
TIA
Old 12-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rirawan is a n00b
UPDATE:sending & receiving MMS now works with palm messaging
What i did is to put port my port number in the MMS gateway addr (eg: 10.1.89.150:9201) and leave the MMS url as it is.

I haven't done regedit HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc to rename the MMS1 folder to MMS1.old and somehow all my test MMS always been displayed at the palm messaging and not the default messaging app. Hopefully this will continue to work as it is so i don't have to do regedit

Now what left to do is to figured out if the left soft key patch ...
TIA

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes