PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium (Sprint TP2) NAND OMGB Android 2.3
Carrier: AT&T

whozatmac is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reverting NAND Android to stock Windows ROM (for testing, not to return to windows!)

The phone: Sprint TP2, currently running NAND OMGB.

From this state, how can I flash the stock Sprint ROM?

Also, from the stock rom thread, how do I determine which sprint stock rom I need?

So, a bit of background. I traded for this phone on the local scene, when I received it it had already had the radio flash to work with any GSM, Hard-SPL, and was using Haret/SDcard method to boot XDA's Froyo. I finally flashed the NAND OMGB rom. Which is awesome. Props to all involved.

I have microphone problems. They seem to be more likely the hardware problems which plague this device, rather than some problem with android. The only way to be sure is to roll back to the stock rom, and see if the problem persists.

I'm not at all a windows person. And also, I'm new around here, if this is posted in the wrong place, please help me out as I get familiar. . . but even though I'm flashing to windows this seemed definitely an android scene type of problem

Last edited by whozatmac; 01-28-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Reverting NAND Android to stock Windows ROM (for testing, not to return to window

Uhm, if you're flashing to WinMo, that's a WinMo problem.

Yeesh, you figured out how to flash OMGB, but not WinMo? You're crazy.

Either go thru the EXACT SAME STEPS with an NBH for stock WinMo, or use an RUU. Please READ!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...2-sd-card.html

Otherwise, you'll just use ActiveSync and the RUU flasher from that stock thread. Use whatever Sprint ROM you want, there's several to choose from. I like 6.5.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

whozatmac is a n00b
Re: Reverting NAND Android to stock Windows ROM (for testing, not to return to window

Exactly what I needed. Thanks. I'm afraid I failed to find this thread myself.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:02 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

I am very certain that there are MANY who are more knowledgeable about such things, but I figured I would take a shot at giving you a basic summary.

Essentially, the build for this particular phone (TP2) is roughly comprised of:
1) Bootloader
2) Radio
3) Software (elaborate below)

Item #3, the Software for Windows Mobile is comprised of:
a) XIP
2) OS
3) SYS

Item #3, the software for Android NAND is comprised of:
1) LK
2) recovery
3) rom build

So, while the bootloader and radio remain the same, to run NAND Android, you flash a LK and a recovery image, which then gives you the ability to flash the actual Android ROM build. FroYo, GB ...

What it sounds like you want to do is go back to, or at least understand how to go back to Windows Mobile.

In the state of your current phone, you have obviously realized that you can't just plug it into your PCs usb port and flash a windows mobile rom.

You have two options:
1) Flash a Windows Mobile ROM via SD CARD. arrrghhh provided you with a link to the instructions for that. You DON'T want to re-lock, per-se, you simply want to place a stock sprint NBH file on your sd card and use bootloader to flash that to the phone.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...2-sd-card.html

2) Get into the phone bootloader, plug into USB of a windows pc and flash from the stock Sprint RUU file.

The latest Sprint RUU for the TP2 is located, here:

http://member.america.htc.com/downlo...PRO2%20MR1.exe

to get into the stock bootloader for the phone,
1) power down the device completely
2) hold volume down and power button
3) observe the screen boots into [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]bootloader[/COLOR][/COLOR] mode (red green blue screen)

Inside your phone under the volume up / down toggle buttons is a small round red button. Push this to reboot your phone.

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

whozatmac is a n00b

That was totally comprehensive. It should probably be a sticky. I ended up extracting the NBH from the installer package and flashing it with SPL. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android, nand, omgb, sprint, stock rom