PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

boneskid1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
many apps running at once

hello all im new and never really posted just did some lurking then i put android 2.2 on my tp2 but i am having some troubles more recently most of my apps will open and continually run slowing down the speed of everything making it a horrible device to even work with. so i founda few threads that explained that they are just ready to be opened but if that were true it would not be hogging the processing speed. so i guess what im asking is, is there anyway to get the apps to stop running, and if i have to install a app killer what is the most trusted one to use?
Thanks,
Boneskid1
Old 12-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG G2

carl020989 is a n00b
Re: many apps running at once

just type advanced app killer into the android market, that isnt the name of it but that's how I find it. It should be the first one I think, it has a little android dude for an icon.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG G2

carl020989 is a n00b

Correction, It's called Advanced Task Killer
Old 12-31-2011, 12:02 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl020989 View Post
just type advanced app killer into the android market, that isnt the name of it but that's how I find it. It should be the first one I think, it has a little android dude for an icon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl020989 View Post
Correction, It's called Advanced Task Killer
App killers are a bad idea. (Google has publicly said such things).

See my Speed Improvements thread, and look at the memory management topic.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

boneskid1 is a n00b

thank you for your reply arrrghhhh i used the sd booster and noticed a huge improvement on speed and memory i am running it at 6 mb right now but it is to much for my card and after doing some speed and system test i think 4 mb suits my 2 gb card just fine.
also the last time i tried the overclocking i did it in a 19.2 ghz increment like you said and the phone wouldnt even boot up, right now it is clocked at 709.81ghz kind of an old ball number though
Thanks,
Boneskid1

P.S.
Has there been any updates for the physical android os on the tp2 besides the flash update and such? and is there any benfit to doing the flash update?
it is actually clocked at 716800 if you could help me i honestly dont know how to calculate it to get it any higher or how you know how many ghz it actually is

Last edited by boneskid1; 01-03-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneskid1 View Post
thank you for your reply arrrghhhh i used the sd booster and noticed a huge improvement on speed and memory i am running it at 6 mb right now but it is to much for my card and after doing some speed and system test i think 4 mb suits my 2 gb card just fine.
also the last time i tried the overclocking i did it in a 19.2 ghz increment like you said and the phone wouldnt even boot up, right now it is clocked at 709.81ghz kind of an old ball number though
Thanks,
Boneskid1

P.S.
Has there been any updates for the physical android os on the tp2 besides the flash update and such? and is there any benfit to doing the flash update?
it is actually clocked at 716800 if you could help me i honestly dont know how to calculate it to get it any higher or how you know how many ghz it actually is
Uhm, first it's not ghz. Perhaps that's your problem?

It goes in 19.2khz increments, but it doesn't really matter what number you pick - it'll go to the next closest step on the table. 748 seems to be most people's max on RHOD's, some have claimed over 800 - but very few, and no proof. Overclocking doesn't help *that* much, but it does help.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

boneskid1 is a n00b

Ok got the overclocking and sd boosting figured out but i just need to fine tune it.
but now i have run into another problem i was reading around and found that a few of the other problems i was experiencing were fixed by mini updates which tried using your tutorial seen on this page http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...frx07-1-a.html

every time i try to put the new rootfs.img, intdrid.img and the other files it wont run when i boot it reads the code quite quickly then the last line says rebooting in five seconds the files are all the same names with exception of the module name and it does it every time i try to boot

just to add i was looking at the gingerbread testing and i would like 3.5mm capabilty but where are the kernels to be found? i searched the tp2 android forum and development forum and found no kernels just so upgrades and such for the frx07.1

Last edited by boneskid1; 01-04-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Ok got the overclocking and sd boosting figured out but i just need to fine tune it.
but now i have run into another problem i was reading around and found that a few of the other problems i was experiencing were fixed by mini updates which tried using your tutorial seen on this page http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...frx07-1-a.html

every time i try to put the new rootfs.img, intdrid.img and the other files it wont run when i boot it reads the code quite quickly then the last line says rebooting in five seconds the files are all the same names with exception of the module name and it does it every time i try to boot

in addition to arrrghhhs speed improvment thread i also found a program which allows one to edit the minfree seetings (Androids internal app killer) after i edited these i found a HUGE improvement . and overclocking helped a lot for me i also installed SetCPU which allowed me to keep android from throttling down the CPU . my overclocking settings are 729 . any higher and it freezes . thats why you cant boot when overclocking , your device's CPU cant handle it . the people who claim to have the 800mhz overclock have , most likely , a 2011 device with a better CPU then mine and most of what people have . they didnt make many TP2's as they werent that big a hit .
Old 01-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:

just to add i was looking at the gingerbread testing and i would like 3.5mm capabilty but where are the kernels to be found? i searched the tp2 android forum and development forum and found no kernels just so upgrades and such for the frx07.1
Did you unzip and rename the latest rootfs.img to just rootfs.img?

GBX0B complete package comes with .27 kernel which has working 3.5mm

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Did you unzip and rename the latest rootfs.img to just rootfs.img?

GBX0B complete package comes with .27 kernel which has working 3.5mm
This.

Guys, if you're running GBX0B you can ONLY update to .35+ kernels. Don't touch the rootfs!!!

FRX07.1 doesn't have these caveats.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2