PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Symbian
Carrier: o3

pirate2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Maps won't upgrade

Is anyone having issues with Google Maps not upgrading? It looks like I'm on version 4 when the Market is on version 6. The OS has tried to update the App but it seems to fail and give up. Then I tried upgrading from the Market, but that didn't work either. I did a search here and it suggests that the lack of multi-touch support may be a problem, but I have to imagine that other android phones lack multi-touch and still run Google Maps 6. Any ideas what is up, and why I can't upgrade? thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Symbian
Carrier: o3
Threadstarter

pirate2 is a n00b
Re: Google Maps won't upgrade

I should add that I tried out Car Mode and it seems to run a version of Google Maps 6 or something like it. But I can only get to it through Car Mode, not through the icons we all put on our home screens. Does anyone have any info?
Old 12-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Try downloading the .apk, if you can find one.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Go in to manage applications and clear data and updates if there are any. Reboot, and update in market again.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Google Maps won't upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Go in to manage applications and clear data and updates if there are any. Reboot, and update in market again.
This fixes a lot of issues with individual apps.

I'm on 6.0.3 right now, so it can definitely be upgraded to v6 on a non-MT screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2