PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint 6700
Carrier: none

surlamer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint 6700 ppc

After no success asking this question before, I'm going to try again. I have a sprint 6700 ppc/win5 os. I am trying to sync some downloaded zipped files on my desktop hp win7 pc. After unzipping the files, they are still in normal file format. If I open them further, I can see some .cab subfiles. When I try dragging the files to the ppc's storage sd card or the my docs folder, they are refused? Even if I try to drag the .cab files, the same thing happens. Initially, I tried dragging the .zip file and it worked, however then when I tried to open it in the ppc, it responded with run the application first then open the file from within the application? Surely, this can't be this hard, can it? I also have to install microsoft.net cf 3.5.cab on the ppc for the program that I'm installing the files for to run. Is this a problem also? This program will only work for win5,6 and 6.5. I will point out that I'm only interested in the win os here and not the phone. The WMDC version on my pc is 6.1. The ppc has active-sync. Active-sync is not supported on win7. Should I buy another phone with win6 or 6.5? Is this an issue because of win5? Do I need to seek out a sprint mobile phone dealer? Surely you guys can solve this. I am no good with anything related to windows mobile phones, period!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:58 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Sprint wont support this phone anymore. Its 4 years old and theres not alot of users left. The ones who are left usually run android. Thats what id suggest you do too. Go to xda under legacy devices and see how to do this. I think you would be better off.

Just my two cents.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
#1 troll!

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Crap.. sorry i thought this was a touch vogue. Im not sure what to tell you. Thats a pretty old device your using.

Yes id suggest getting a newer phone. Even a tp2.

Last edited by fixxxer2012; 11-07-2011 at 05:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: sprint 6700 ppc

Okay, your Apache device is still capable of performing many of the tasks that you need in today's world even though it is going on seven years old. That being said, the OS that came on the device is almost unusable. I would recommend upgrading that first, and then at least you will have a functioning platform for your upgrades. What bootloader version do you have? Press Power+Camera+Reset holding these three until the screen goes dark. What number do you see at the bottom of the darkened screen?

Old 11-07-2011, 05:41 PM
#1 troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
Okay, your Apache device is still capable of performing many of the tasks that you need in today's world even though it is going on seven years old. That being said, the OS that came on the device is almost unusable. I would recommend upgrading that first, and then at least you will have a functioning platform for your upgrades. What bootloader version do you have? Press Power+Camera+Reset holding these three until the screen goes dark. What number do you see at the bottom of the darkened screen?
Wow 7 years old? Can it even be upgraded to wm6 or 6.5?

If i were the op id get a touch vogue or tp2 and run android. He would be better off since winmo is discontinued and the market doesnt work anymore.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:38 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
Wow 7 years old? Can it even be upgraded to wm6 or 6.5?
Yes it can actually. I have an Apache here running 29022 wm6.5.x. It runs it amazingly quickly. I wish I could have had this OS when I first got this device!

Quote:
If i were the op id get a touch vogue or tp2 and run android. He would be better off since winmo is discontinued and the market doesnt work anymore.
Yes, a TP2 or Vogue would be an upgrade! Let us know op!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint 6700
Carrier: none
Threadstarter

surlamer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I have bootloader v 1.00. If an upgrade is possible, I would need to know how to do it as all of this is new to me.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlamer View Post
I have bootloader v 1.00. If an upgrade is possible, I would need to know how to do it as all of this is new to me.
I hear you have a new device there! If you still need help with your Apache, let us know!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache