PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

marioc89 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 can't be operated cuz of bad screen

I am on my 3rd TP2 going into the 4th all because of the screens being unoperable. I now can't operate my phone when I have a lot of messages to get to, can't unlock my phone to get my contacts backed up and other things. Is there anyway I could get into my phone that someone may have by chance to have successfully did? I've already have a replacement coming and I'm trying to get some answers before I take it into sprint. How is sprint going to transfer my contacts and other things if I can't get into it?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Have you tried navigating with the physical keyboard? If that is kaput too there are emulators that will allow you to control the phone from your desktop or laptop computer.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: TP2 can't be operated cuz of bad screen

Here is a great app to be able to control your PPC with a dekstop/laptop computer.
EveryWAN Remote Support Personal Edition Software Informer: Latest version download, news and info about this Sparus Software program. Control your mobile device using your PC with EveryWAN Remote Support.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Good suggestions Sc/ant864 and mastergadgets!! OP, did that get you to where you need to be, or do you need any further assistance?

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

marioc89 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Have you tried navigating with the physical keyboard? If that is kaput too there are emulators that will allow you to control the phone from your desktop or laptop computer.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app
I have and it doesn't work...at all.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

marioc89 is a n00b

Ya...those were good suggestions. But the software that mastergadgets advise me to go to doesn't give me the direct link to download the app. I clicked on the link and it brought me to a page with Everywan on it but with other ads on there and I clicked on the link that says download everywan and it brought me to a page that cannot be found. So now I'm confused on where to go to get the downlaodable link. I tried doing a search on the app alone and it's pretty much doing the same thing. I'll continue and try to find it.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

marioc89 is a n00b

Well I was able to find a downloadable file on cnet but even there, when I clicked the link to download it it displayed the page cannot be found. I'm wondering if this app still is available to download.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Humm... well, until you get that figured out, you can also download and install MyMobiler. It will allow remote PC access of your device.

MyMobiler v1.25
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

marioc89 is a n00b

MyMobiler worked!!!! Thanks alot tinkerbell for that app and everybody else that suggested many other things. If it wasn't for y'all 3 I wouldn't have accomplished this hurdle. But one other thing before I close this post out. My activesync isn't asking me what would I like to sync. I also hadn't did this in a while either because I was using microsoft my phone until thye discontinued it. So I need a refresher on how to do this. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

marioc89, sorry for the bad link. I did not follow it through to the actual download. I did not know EveryWAN Remote was no longer available.

Tink, thanks for following up and providing help. MyMobiler would have been my second recomendation.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2