PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipaq and mogul
Carrier: sprint

Hootyhoo1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any Ideas where to start?

I'll try and make this short. Phone charges fine on comp. or charger. Phone works some what fine. Bluetooth seems to be getting quieter and quieter, but thats not the main issue. WMDC isnt working. I uninstalled it and restarted, I downloaded a newer version, I even tried about 5 cables and still the computer isnt even seeing any device what so ever. I was going to task 29 and reflash but now I'm affraid if the phones not even being recognized. Is there some setting or something that happened to of gotten changed that block my phone other than the obvious -virus protection.
Using windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:50 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Any Ideas where to start?

actually sounds like it could be your connector gone bad. have you tried a hard-reset at all?
Old 10-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipaq and mogul
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Hootyhoo1 is a n00b

Can't do a hard reset. My end buttons been broke for some time now, cause I broke it because it stick on when it wasn't even pushed. Easy fix, but kinda makes things like a hard reset a little tough. would really like to pull some text and phone numbers off first before even doing anything like that anyways. If it was the plug then how can I charge from computer just fine. I do realize that by chance just the connection for the WMDC could only be bad but I guessing software.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
^^ There's a good chance you're right, I would try wiggling the connector to see if it connects momentarily. I also clean my female USB with plastic safe CRC electronics cleaner ( with the battery out of course) use it sparingly as solvents getting deep inside the phone is bad! Also look into the connector preferably with a magnifying glass to see if one of the pins is butched up.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootyhoo1 View Post
If it was the plug then how can I charge from computer just fine. I do realize that by chance just the connection for the WMDC could only be bad but I guessing software.
The power pin of the connector has nothing to do with the sync pin(s), that's why there are 5 pins.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootyhoo1 View Post
Can't do a hard reset.
Good suggestions here Guys!! Hootyhoo, you could do a hard reset by using the 'clear storage' option in your system settings if you want to try that. But I tend to agree that you are having a USB malfunction. I would try plugging your device into another computer to see if it would be recognized by another machine. That would rule out your PC as the issue anyway!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

welcome to my world ! lol . op , every touch pro 2 I've had had the USB malfunction problem . good luck ! I ended up just flashing via SD card . and then bought USB ports off ebay and fixed them myself .
Old 10-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Good suggestions here Guys!! Hootyhoo, you could do a hard reset by using the 'clear storage' option in your system settings if you want to try that. But I tend to agree that you are having a USB malfunction. I would try plugging your device into another computer to see if it would be recognized by another machine. That would rule out your PC as the issue anyway!
Thanks Tink! And good call on the clear storage, totally slipped my mind.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post

thats always a good idea to try but it doesnt always work :l
I know that on all the energy roms the clear storage from the settings section or even the shutdown app only acts as a soft reset. It doesnt actually clear anything lol

to the OP.
I know this might sound stupid, but its happened to me quite a few times after installing a new rom

The phone needs 2 sets of drivers, one set is used when the phone is on. Hence being able to charge
the other is when its off.

If the computer doesnt have the drivers for when the phone is off, then it will not recognize the device. no matter what happens when the device is on.

I know it sounds like a stupid little fix.. and your probably thinking that your computer should already have all drivers, but after flashing a rom your computer "forgets" what divers to use and simply needs to be reminded by having the phone plugged in.
first while its off (it will then download drivers and recognize the phone as an htc device)
then after it boots up (it then calls it a windows mobile device or something like that)
if I wasnt at work on a mac Id flash my phone and give the exact names for the drivers

I have windows 7 computers myself and that always solved this issue for me

Last edited by aedon; 10-19-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

have u tried different USB ports on the computer? it really sounds like a hardware issue from this point. if u don't want to lose ur contacts u can set them to be synched with either ur Gmail or hotmail accounts by entering m.gmail/hotmail.com and then ur username and password in the add server source menu within ActiveSync on the tp2. u can also use a backup program such as spb backup or sprite backup. after this u can try a hard reset with clear storage, this will also reinstall drivers like @aedon said. if there's still problems then it is a hardware issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2