PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: verizon

charcharias is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
stripped down version

Hello all, and I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong spot. I've been flashing WM roms and then running sdcard haret boots almost ever since I got this phone. I just deployed to Afghanistan and will be getting a new phone when I get back. The last month before I took off the phone's sleep button or microphone didn't work at all. I loved the device and want to keep it in operation somehow, and would like to suggest to the developers that be that a stripped down version of android eventually be released so that the phone could be used for other things besides as a daily caller. Hopefully the bluetooth issue will be resolved to the point that the phone coupld be used as a wireless keyboard for other devices such as a ps3. Perhaps it could be used just as a pmp. Just something to think about. I never got comfortable with how sluggish the device was, and considered that to be it's achiles heal, no matter how good the kb or speaker phone were.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Upgrade to frx07 and update rootfs if apps are broken, BT and 3.5 audio Jack are functional in the new build....you'll love it.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

charcharias is a n00b
Re: stripped down version

will do, I'll give it a whirl once I get access to a personal computer and some legitimate bandwidth again. This site has been a lot of fun to watch the past few months and I'm sorry to be out of the loop. Good luck everyone.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

What do you mean 'stripped down version'...?

I don't see how the Android builds can't be used on phones that don't have service. You don't need some special version just because you don't use the phone for calling etc...

I guess I'm not grasping the 'why' of a stripped down version. I'd be interested to hear what you suggest we strip out as well...

As for the sluggishness, there's many reasons, the main one being we're running Android on a processor from 2007 in 480x800. Look at native Android devices, and anything with that high res of a screen has at least a SnapDragon. My gf's LG Optimus has a much better processor AND a lower screen resolution. It really wasn't such a great combination choice by HTC, but hey what can you do.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

charcharias is a n00b

yea, I really wish it had a processor to match the resolution. maybe that's what I need to figure out how to do. I just don't want to scrap it and would like it to be as responsive a device as possible when I relegate it to whatever single focus task it ends up taking place as. Right now I'm trying to make it a dedicated, wireless keyboard for ps3.

Last edited by charcharias; 08-23-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

do they have 3.5 MIC line working yet?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
do they have 3.5 MIC line working yet?
Uh... what?

The 3.5mm jack is for headphones, not a mic.

I don't know for sure, it might have extra pins for a mic tho, if you have a headset that is compatible. Do you? Does it not work?

I doubt you'll be able to plug a mic-only into the jack and have that work. It'd need to be designed specially for phones. I don't have a way to test if our phones are capable of that.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

ahh NO its for headphones AND headsets which includes a "mic" line.

the "Square up" gizmo requires the mic line to work thats how it gets the card data into the app (at least I am pretty sure thats how it works)
Old 08-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
ahh NO its for headphones AND headsets which includes a "mic" line.

the "Square up" gizmo requires the mic line to work thats how it gets the card data into the app (at least I am pretty sure thats how it works)
Yea, I meant mic-only setups... It will work for headsets, sorry for the vagueness of my response.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2