PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
market crashes on pay apps

Not sure if I am missing something painfully obvious here.

I have only tried ONE so far but any free app download and installs fine but the first "pay" app I tried to get (where it has a blue button with the price instead of the word download)

CRASHES market. a "force close or report" dialog appears. I tried 3 times same response all 3 times.

am I missing something? have to do something first? I did not want to try any other pay apps till I figured out if I was missing something really obvious.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: market crashes on pay apps

Uhm... odd?

I haven't purchased an app in a while, but when I bought Titanium Backup off the Market, no problems. Perhaps the way the Market sees your phone is causing issues. Might want to try Market Enabler or some such app that will allow you to spoof how your device appears on the Market.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can not use market enabler. it required busybox which I can not install.

I got the apps I wanted "by other means" but I would really prefer to "pay" for them. I mean they are so cheap and its just "right"

so if anyone has a solution???

I have tried a few others. any "pay" app crashes the market app.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I can not use market enabler. it required busybox which I can not install.

I got the apps I wanted "by other means" but I would really prefer to "pay" for them. I mean they are so cheap and its just "right"

so if anyone has a solution???

I have tried a few others. any "pay" app crashes the market app.
Is this the new Market or the old Market...?

Could be an issue with the new Market is you shoehorned that in thar.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Hmmm good point (its the new market). I never tried with the old market so I don't know.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Hmmm good point (its the new market). I never tried with the old market so I don't know.
Please try with the old Market...
Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I am going to be installing droid on my other tp2 soon I will try it with the old market and see what happens.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Just an FYI. I found out I can goto the market on the regular computer and successfully buy apps via my regular computer and it darned near instantly sends them to the phone (push really rocks)

plus its a lot more convenient browsing on the pc versus the phone.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Just an FYI. I found out I can goto the market on the regular computer and successfully buy apps via my regular computer and it darned near instantly sends them to the phone (push really rocks)

plus its a lot more convenient browsing on the pc versus the phone.
Oh... yea the Market on your PC is very nice lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2