PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Transparent Status and Slide down Bar ??

I want to make the top bar and slide down thingy transparent.

like this

Transparent Status Bar :: Android Themes by GS II

I got that file I installed metamorph and busybox but busybox says root access denied YET superuser says its "marked" as allowed.

Suggestions?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Transparent Status and Slide down Bar ??

Not sure our junk'll work with MetaMorph.

I tried to use it a while back and failed miserably. This looks cool tho, I'll check it out again to see if I can apply this (don't hold your breath).
Old 08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

or if not this method a manual method. In my google searching I see its a matter of some PNG's and some .sali ????

not nearly enough detailed info for me to risk trying it blind though REALLY want that bar transparent. its seriously ugly sitting there like that hehe
Old 08-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
or if not this method a manual method. In my google searching I see its a matter of some PNG's and some .sali ????

not nearly enough detailed info for me to risk trying it blind though REALLY want that bar transparent. its seriously ugly sitting there like that hehe
lol... no comment.

At any rate, manually hacking themes in Android is no easy task, and quite often results in a failure to boot (typically a bootloop where it'll never finish getting into Android). At least that's all the attempts that I made resulted in .
Old 08-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

yup read about them bootloops and figured OK lets not try that hehe
Old 08-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Grrr... this doesn't make sense.

We already (should) have busybox baked in. Perhaps it's not in the spot MetaMorph is expecting. Probably the same reason the busybox installer app is vomiting...

I'll see what I can do.

Edit - not much evidently. MetaMorph is apparently some very poorly written software with a lot of hard links. I tried updating the links, but it seems our busy box is still missing some stuff. I might spend some more time on this later, but no promises I'll be able to make it work.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 08-15-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

no worries. any chance is better than 0

got "fancy widgets" WOW just what I was looking for (transparent weather app like I have on cookies home tab)

and holy crap while the widget sucks the APP "weather bug" is truly amazing for a free app even for a "paid" app and its free. great great app.

this is the hard part about finding apps. there are so many you never know what you may or may not like till you "stumble" upon it and go YEAH I want that.

watching youtube videos is the best way so far (tech and me is where I found the fancy widgets)
Old 08-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Meh. FancyWidget was OK, but bloated. I even got the 'Pro' version from the Amazon Free App-a-day thing... Not impressed.

WeatherBug is malware as far as I'm concerned. Also got the paid version of that app thru the Amazon store. Worked well for a while, but then prevented the phone from sleeping _at all_. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, the PC version is pretty much malware.

I found the less widgets I use, the better the phone operates. Way to derail your own thread BTW .
Old 08-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I know I remember the PC version and NO it was not malware. it was downright a VIRUS hehe

but I saw weather bug android on someones app review on youtube and it blew me away. Got it and that blew me away too.

its not super speedy but I like eye candy so don't mind it being a tiny bit slow. its simply amazing how much info you get in a free app.

I keep my ram settings such that it can't really run in the background even if it wants too so it won't be keep me from sleeping.

what weather app widget if any do you use?

i like the sense animated weather with no background skin (transparent) its why I liked fancy widget. if there is something better though .... I am game to try.

well its dead for now till you or someone else has time to maybe try something so why not chat

I only run 2 widgets. battery circle and weather. thats it. I like a very "clean" desktop. I got rid of EVERYTHING else. I have a few shortcuts on the left slide out and one on the right slide out and thats it.

BTW the .nomedia and then devtools to rerun scanner. WORKED LIKE A DREAM. works perfectly now and nice and spunky when going to change wallpaper since its not trying to load 150 folders hehe
Old 08-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

I used to use WeatherBug. Then I tried FancyWidget with the weather/clock. Now... nothing. I don't really have any widgets anymoar. I have the Analog Clock Widget, the DroidWall widget and the Google Search widget...

It wasn't that slow, I just got sick of it being laggy. I put up with it for the longest time, and recently I got a wild hair up my butt to try and fix the laggg... with that wild hair went all the widgets I had... and I had a ton.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2