PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

mobstilez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP??To the guys giving 600 answers to the same 1 question ..I need you

Hoping to save myself a lot of time ...and promise to do better homework before posting again.. HERES MY PROBLEM

Verizon Touch Pro xv6850 unlocked ,flashed to a Juicy rom several weeks ago using the RUU download found in the "How to Flash Your Touch Pro" threadI ignored the part of the instructions that said "make a backup of your stock OS" (Dumb Mistake #1) Phone was working better than the stock OS but had a couple bugs I didnt like.....I decided to try another rom tonight, without flashing phone back to the stock OS first as reccomended I went with (ENERGY.HERMAN 29022 SENSE 2.5.MAX SENSE JUL 09 )using the rom update utility included in the rar file ...I put the phone in bootloader mode...and attempted to flash the rom to the phone and got to 100% but it became stuck at the Verizon start up screen when the phone soft reset it self. Flashed again same thing.waited 30 mins phone still in boot up screen.

According to what I have read, I adjusted the page pool using the tool that comes in the .rar for Sense 2.5 verizon 29022 to 6 flashed again and then again to 12 with no luck.

I made the mistake of not backing up the phone when i went with the juicy rom, and the links to the stock Verizon OS in other posts appear to be dead. I tried the stock rom file i found @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=376873&page=3 and get an error message when trying to load it using the RUU I used to flash the juicy rom ,same thing when trying to use the RUU included in the Sense 2.5 rar. Somebody please point me in the right direction..... Thanks
Old 07-13-2011, 06:06 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: HELP??To the guys giving 600 answers to the same 1 question ..I need you

moved...
Old 07-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 1
Carrier: Page Plus (Verizon)

b0Ss is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Post Re: HELP??To the guys giving 600 answers to the same 1 question ..I need you

Hello mobstilez, I am in a similar situation as you. I too have the Verizon Touch Pro xv6850 unlocked. I only had the phone for about a week and been heavily researching these forums, xda, and google for roms, kitchens, etc for almost a week now. My first flash attempt was with the TankROM Sense 2.5. Everything went smooth, it updated to 100% but it became stuck at the Verizon start up screen just like you. Since I had the original 6.1 stock os on there in the first place, I highly doubt that is why you hanging on the startup screen since you didn't flash it back to the stock OS first. That being said, I have no idea why the TankROM hangs after a successful flash for me, and why the ENERGY.HERMAN 29022 SENSE 2.5.MAX SENSE JUL 09 hangs for you in the same way. They must not be friendly with our phone, or there is something we are missing.

Since you didn't back up your stock OS, you are not at loss to clear the phone before applying a new rom. There is a method called http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp-de...36-task29.html that allows you to clear the phone first, then you boot into the bootloader mode, flash it through usb as normal. I have not tried this yet, but apparently within that link, post #21 has a file designed for our phone that is suppose to do it fast and easier than normal. So you can try using the Task29 method, then flash a new rom instead of reloading your stock OS and then flashing a new rom.

However, as I mentioned above though, I had the same problem as you with a different rom when I already had the stock OS installed. Instead of using the Task29 method, I just installed a different rom and it worked perfectly. I am playing with the Psyki 4 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp-de...-5-0-83-a.html at the moment. I just realized there is a newer version than the one I installed (090929) using 12 page pool, which only leaves with with approx 18k of free memory, which in turn some programs won't load and a couple times i get low memory error and the phone resets itself. So I am thinking it is not the best rom suited for the Verizon version of this phone, unless we use the kitchen and make a custom one, but I am not sure what programs/cabs I absolutely need and what ones I can install on a SD card instead, so I am not trying to cook anything myself yet.

On the other hand, through my research there are a few roms out there supposedly geared towards the Verizon phone (the one with less memory than other ones). Apparently one of the best is or was rather, the SSK rom series. The only thing though, just like many similar links, are completely dead and/or no longer exist. I understand newer phones come out and the creators move on for whatever reason, but man I just wish there was a site or a place to find these older files. I been trying to find SSK 2.0 or 3.0 roms for a few days now, every link I find is ancient and dead. There is a post on here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp-de...stributed.html but once again, every single link is dead and the original poster no longer has them to share in some other form. If anyone has access to these files could you please share them and/or email them to us? Also any recommendations on the more current roms that are friendly towards the Verizon version would be highly appreciated.

Anyway, lemme know what happens mobstilez, and if I find out anything myself I will post here too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro