PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen not working!?!?

this is really weird for me...i downloaded FRX6 3 days ago put it in my sd card used the standard startup.txt adding rel_path and the touch screen does not work the hard buttons work but the touch screen does not. and i cant think of any thing to mess with

edit: after waiting about 15-20min it has started working
edit2: the screen calfile that is part of FRX6 sucks.......

Last edited by lioncat55; 07-04-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Screen not working!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioncat55 View Post
edit2: the screen calfile that is part of FRX6 sucks.......
Sheesh, then make your own why are you crying about it?

I included my ts-calibration so people can easily get started. If it's not right, make you own...
Old 07-04-2011, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular
Threadstarter

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

oh i did it was kinda lame i know how but i did not find out that was the problem untell after i hit post also i dont know how to change the title of the thread
Old 07-07-2011, 04:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

im hoping this will be a thing of the past soon. Ive been asking the devs what we should do about this and we all feel differently.

We have 2 options.

1) default to a fixed set of values and if you need calibration then you generate your own. This is what we do in nand so we are never asked for ts calib.

2) Read the saved calib points from nand as the default. This can be done on haret. Hyc was able to get the gsm location and i have the address for cdma.

THe second option is easier. Just a matter of writing the rootfs patch to get it done. If anyone has scripting skills and doesnt mind getting some email from me about all this crap i can guide in the right direction.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
im hoping this will be a thing of the past soon. Ive been asking the devs what we should do about this and we all feel differently.

We have 2 options.

1) default to a fixed set of values and if you need calibration then you generate your own. This is what we do in nand so we are never asked for ts calib.

2) Read the saved calib points from nand as the default. This can be done on haret. Hyc was able to get the gsm location and i have the address for cdma.

THe second option is easier. Just a matter of writing the rootfs patch to get it done. If anyone has scripting skills and doesnt mind getting some email from me about all this crap i can guide in the right direction.
Scripting I can do. Spam away.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:16 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Scripting I can do. Spam away.
You asked for it. :-p

For gsm

Code:
modprobe mtdchar
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd0ro bs=2048 skip=18818 count=1 | od -I | \
 awk '/^0001720/ {p3=$4 "," $5} \
 /^0001740/ {p1=$2 "," $3; p4=$4 "," $5} \
 /^0001760/ {p5=$2 "," $3; p2=$4 "," $5} \
 END {print p1 "," p2 "," p3 "," p4 "," p5}' > /sdcard/ts-calibration
rmmod mtdchar

for cdma

Code:
modprobe mtdchar
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd0ro bs=2048 skip=22850 count=1 | od -I | \
rmmod mtdchar
Easiest thing to do would be to throw this somewhere inside the init on the rootfs. Somewhere before the ts-calibration portion. Should work.

If you want to test, just type that via ADB and you will see the points you have stored from winmo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
You asked for it. :-p

For gsm

Code:
modprobe mtdchar
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd0ro bs=2048 skip=18818 count=1 | od -I | \
rmmod mtdchar

for cdma

Code:
modprobe mtdchar
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd0ro bs=2048 skip=22850 count=1 | od -I | \
rmmod mtdchar
Easiest thing to do would be to throw this somewhere inside the init on the rootfs. Somewhere before the ts-calibration portion. Should work.

If you want to test, just type that via ADB and you will see the points you have stored from winmo
Cool. So all GSM RHOD's are the same, and all CDMA RHOD's are the same? For CDMA that wouldn't surprise me...

Also, I'll change where it outputs to, don't always want it at /sdcard... I think there's a $SDCARD var or some such thing.

One last piece - what about detection? I'm guessing that's the part you want me to script?
Old 07-09-2011, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Cool. So all GSM RHOD's are the same, and all CDMA RHOD's are the same? For CDMA that wouldn't surprise me...

Also, I'll change where it outputs to, don't always want it at /sdcard... I think there's a $SDCARD var or some such thing.

One last piece - what about detection? I'm guessing that's the part you want me to script?
i confirmed with Hyc and JB. All gsms appear to be the same. Cdma's are clones of one another so no difference there.

yeah.. just take a look at the init script and see where its the best place to put it. There is a section that it looks for the file and if its not found then it launches the ts-calib app in the begining to make a new file. We can replace that and use the scripts above to generate the file.

Detect? well i think we already have the detection in the script somewhere since the wifi nvram is diff for both phones as well and we detect it fine. So may need to use the same flag.. rest is all you..
Old 07-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
i confirmed with Hyc and JB. All gsms appear to be the same. Cdma's are clones of one another so no difference there.

yeah.. just take a look at the init script and see where its the best place to put it. There is a section that it looks for the file and if its not found then it launches the ts-calib app in the begining to make a new file. We can replace that and use the scripts above to generate the file.

Detect? well i think we already have the detection in the script somewhere since the wifi nvram is diff for both phones as well and we detect it fine. So may need to use the same flag.. rest is all you..
Alrighty, I have hacked the init. Hopefully it works... imma test it, and if it does I'll release it to the animals here to see if it jives with their phones as well...

Thanks again dude! I just did some easy if/elif/else statement workin, you did all the hard work .

Edit - works great! Gonna talk to stine to see if he just wants to implement it, or test it with the masses first. It's pretty safe, and I left the old ts-calib stuff in there as a fallback... Only thing I haven't tested yet is the detection, but I kinda cheated and just used the wifi GSM/CDMA detection statements, so it should be fine.

Last thing would be getting non-RHOD's up to speed. Need devs to help sort out which region is necessary for what device...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 07-10-2011 at 06:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2