PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint MMS Help Please

Hello. I am running the newest build from hyc that has the mms fixes cooked in, but I am unable to download a message. I have the download box in Messaging, but it tries to download, but gives up after a moment.

I've read all the threads, and the newest info indicatges that since hyc fixed the irl, it should just now work. This is not the case for me.

I've messed with some APN's, but I can't seem to find the right info to receive a message.

If someone has a working incoming messages on Sprint, I would be very happy for any help in regards to sharing your settings and such.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Sprint MMS Help Please

hyc doesn't provide any support for his stuff...

However if you're just looking for APN info:

MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
MCC: (Should be 310)
MNC: (Should be 00)

I believe this is right, I'm sorry I keep switching things up and I haven't tested MMS in a while.

Edit - just had my gf send me a MMS - worked as well as you could expect on Sprint (there's an issue if the message has text as well as a pic - Sprint mangles this, which is an issue on native devices as well, nothing to do with our port. hyc, however, coded a workaround so Sprint's poor handling is at least partially circumvented.)

Edit 2 - to expand on the above, basically the picture appears as a slideshow - it seems the fix on native devices is to show the slideshow at 8s - so it would "play" the still frame of the pic for 8s. hyc fixed this by pausing the frame completely. I'm going to suggest the native form, we'll see how that goes over .

Last edited by arrrghhh; 06-10-2011 at 07:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

I had someone send me another test pic via mms, from Verizon, and it opened up perfect. And as a side effect, all of my prior tests appeared also. So I can confirm MMS works both ways, but thanks to Sprint, it does seem buggy as heck.

And as a dating guy, mms pics are a must have.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work
Just an off topic quick question that I didn't wanna make a new thread for but um where do I download this hyc rom? I looked over at xda and didn't see it and searched around here? Any links?

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2011, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started

I have been messing with my phone today and added the new rootfs and RIL stuff and am able to receive mms. When I send it just hangs and says "sending"

stevoski I have been looking for it also. Seems the links are all gone.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

So , MMS is not working properly ? Like properly meaning , i set it up , and i get MMS no probs at all . So the way i read this thread , it sounds like if someone puts text in with their pic , i cant download it ?
Old 07-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
So , MMS is not working properly ? Like properly meaning , i set it up , and i get MMS no probs at all . So the way i read this thread , it sounds like if someone puts text in with their pic , i cant download it ?
None of the existing builds support MMS for CDMA out of the box. Sprint needed additional fixes, which will be in the next build.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
None of the existing builds support MMS for CDMA out of the box. Sprint needed additional fixes, which will be in the next build.
alright ! thanks man ! great work ! keep it up !! maybe once the headphones and high quality youtube and mms are working , I may run android all the time ^-^
Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Please explain something to me...

I have installed the latest Froyo 07 from the header. It seems that not only can't I receive MMS while I am in Android (I do get the message but then it gets stuck in "Downloading"), but the MMS that someone sends while I am in Android are lost - i.e. they aren't there even after I switch to WM. It seems for me to receive MMS properly, I must be in WM when it's being received, otherwise it just disappears. Does it make any sense ?

And to confirm - there's still no fix for fully workable MMS on Sprint, is there ? At least thats the impression I get from googling the answer. If there indeed IS a fix, please let me know where to find it - I did read the sticky but I must've missed it if it was there.

Last edited by Amamba; 08-04-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
Nope, makes no sense. All the MMS fixes are in FRX07 and it works perfectly. Probably your APN settings are wrong.

Sent from my FRX06+ TP2 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2