PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
apn/internet problems

for what ever reason i am unable to save an apn, i click save then it goes back to the menu and nothing is there. i know there is a way to sideload(?) a apn but no clue where to get the file or what code to use if any one could help that would rock

thanks
-Lioncat55
Old 04-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: apn/internet problems

You must ensure all the information is correct for your carrier - the APN configuration will be ignored if it's not valid.

Plus, you seem to be on a CDMA carrier, which technically doesn't use APN's at all. There's some configuration changes that are taking place, are you using any of the testing stuff or just FRX06 unchanged? I guess I'm also assuming you're using FRX06.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yes using FRX06 downloaded it last night and i have the updated RIL no other changes..i know the CDMA dose not use APNs but it seems like there is no other way to get data working(i think have not beed keeping up) also it seems to be a mix of what is used for US Cellular
Old 04-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioncat55 View Post
yes using FRX06 downloaded it last night and i have the updated RIL no other changes..i know the CDMA dose not use APNs but it seems like there is no other way to get data working(i think have not beed keeping up) also it seems to be a mix of what is used for US Cellular
Don't use the new RIL then. You can put APN's in all day long in fake GSM mode. There's some frameworks/base changes that need to take place before you will be able to properly setup an APN in CDMA mode.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

drats i had it set up then redid a bunch of stuff i was likeing the a-gps and the much faster lock
Old 04-25-2011, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

this had been discuss before, if you use CDMA, stock RIL, then MMC,MNC must be 310,995
Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioncat55 View Post
drats i had it set up then redid a bunch of stuff i was likeing the a-gps and the much faster lock
Much faster lock? What do you mean by that? I'm guessing you're talking about netloc.

netloc (aGPS) is nice, I do like that feature... You can pull the frameworks changes and make your own system image I guess. I did this, worked out pretty well.

What do you need to configure an APN for anyways? CDMA doesn't use them, although we'll be using them for MMS config when it's all done & integrated.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Figured I would bump this, to point out highlandsun's fix. No need to compile, just push these files. What a nice guy!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

easy enough thanks for the help...kinda i a noob in linux will have my brother help XD

Update: okay so after doing that i still have no internet....and really no clue why now....ugh

when you say "push this" it should look like this right?

mount --bind /sdcard/andboot/sril/framework.jar /system/framework/framework.jar
mount --bind /sdcard/andboot/sril/Phone.apk /system/app/Phone.apk.
mount --bind /sdcard/andboot/sril/libhtcgeneric-ril.so /lib/froyo/libhtcgeneric-ril.so

if not what do i need to do also before trying the new ril there was some thing under settings->wireless & networks->Mobile networks->Access Point Names
now i see nothing there and when i try to save a new one it dose not save it no errors it just dose not save and when i try to restore to default nothing happes

Last edited by lioncat55; 04-25-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work

Your mount commands look OK to me, but if they took effect, you should have that APN menu still. I.e., the APN menu is always enabled in this new Phone.apk.

If you're saying the menu is there but your settings disappear, that means you didn't follow all the instructions. You have to set your operator ID in the system properties. Go re-read the posts...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2