PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 01:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Marketplace apps bill to Sprint account

So has anyone successfully used Google's "bill to account" payment method on phones with ESNs not matching an Android device? How does the authentification work anyway?

I should probably try it myself but I don't have my TP2 right here

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2011, 03:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
If you're paying for android apps from the market, it uses google checkout; I have paid for a few apps using the market enabler.

You can also download the amazon appstore app and pay it through your amazon account.

Sent from my FRX06-ized TP2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2011, 03:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Marketplace apps bill to Sprint account

I understand the conventional checkout.. I'm more interested in using the feature that allows billing the purchase to my Sprint account.

I tried it on the Epic but it was stuck on "authorizing.."
Old 04-16-2011, 04:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: Marketplace apps bill to Sprint account

It looks like they do pretty extensive auth on this (as expected):

Quote:
Sprint Offering Carrier-Billed Android Market Purchases

If you have an Android phone on Sprint, now you can charge you Android Market purchases to your Sprint bill. The service actually started to roll out on April 7, and will be available to all Sprint customers by April 14. The option is already available to T-Mobile and AT&T customers.

Now, Sprint customers will automatically be given the option when purchasing an application in the Android Market to have those items billed to them on their Sprint invoice. Those charges will then appear on their next Sprint bill, where they will need to be paid, much like charges for voice and data services.

The “Bill to Sprint Invoice” option is not available on the HTC Hero or Samsung Movement, and Corporate Liable (CL) customers will automatically be opted out of the service. CL customers will still see the option to make the purchase on their Sprint bill, but if they have not opted in to the service through Sprint.com they will not successfully be able to complete their purchase.
Sprint Offering Carrier-Billed Android Market Purchases | TechnoBuffalo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2