PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

akbyrner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to akbyrner
Not Another MMS Thread

So, I've done some searching around and amid all the threads, I can't seem to find a definitive answer to the question of MMS. Some say they have it working perfectly, some (like me) can't even send, much less receive. So if there's a thread that I've simply overlooked, sorry. If there's a fix that's already out, I'll take a link and be on my merry way. If absolutely nothing has been resolved as of yet, then I say it's about high time we start a thread. So...help a poor noobie out?

Btw, I'm running Gingerbread on my RHOD 500 if that information is at all necessary. Thanks in advance guys!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Not Another MMS Thread

MMS works flawlessly for GSM users AFAIK.

For CDMA, it seems people are able to send - assuming they have the correct info in the APN.

I was able to send out using the correct settings. I have not be able to receive, and I do not know anyone on CDMA that has been able to receive.

I swear there's already a thread on this topic, and your title seems to make me think you know of one
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

akbyrner is a n00b

Well, I saw Tiad8's thread, but that didn't really give me the APN settings, he just said that he got it working. And I picked that mainly because I couldn't think of anything clever, but also because I assumed there was another one and It just wasn't coming up in my searches. Seems like too much of an issue to not have more people asking about it:P
Old 03-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Eh, MMS is minor compared to a lot of the other bugs out there.

Also, from looking thru the Vogue forum, I don't think they ever got receiving to work on CDMA. They also get a different type of message for MMS.

Someone who really really wants it is going to have to spend a lot of time breaking it down and tracing what happens in WinMo. No fun...

I never use MMS, and it seems like most other developers don't either. I don't consider myself a developer, but I do talk to them a lot. This certainly isn't a priority for them, sorry.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

akbyrner is a n00b

Yeah, I won't push it. I'm just happy to be running Droid. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work

No genius on this, but I seem to remember an XDA thread that was going into detail about how receiving MMS worked.

It was something along the lines that all an MMS is (on Sprint at least) is a URL that is linked to the info on the carrier's servers. All that happened on WinMo was a notification that there was a link and it could be downloaded. The program on WinMo was able to grab the right info and display the MMS so it looks like more of a regular message and not a web page.

But, as arrrghhh stated, MMS isn't a high priority.

A simple fix for me is email instead. I tell all my friends to send MMS to my email (which I get on my phone instantly) and I can send MMS back to them or email. Even non-smartphones can send MMS to email. Just enter an email address where the phone number would normally be entered.

MMS is a dying breed, IMO. It was useful when people didn't have smartphones and data plans, but now smartphones are becoming the norm. Pictures are easy to spread various ways with smartphones.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

akbyrner is a n00b

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been telling everyone to do. Just gotta get off this damn 150MB plan.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

goducks is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Eh, MMS is minor compared to a lot of the other bugs out there.

Also, from looking thru the Vogue forum, I don't think they ever got receiving to work on CDMA. They also get a different type of message for MMS.

Someone who really really wants it is going to have to spend a lot of time breaking it down and tracing what happens in WinMo. No fun...

I never use MMS, and it seems like most other developers don't either. I don't consider myself a developer, but I do talk to them a lot. This certainly isn't a priority for them, sorry.
MMS works on the Vogue, but the incoming MMS arrives as a link to view on the carrier's website (at least for Sprint) and not as part of the thread. Outgoing MMS looks normal and is in the thread. Firsthand knowledge from my daily machine. See Android+MMS+Sprint=? - Page 18 - xda-developers

Would love to see it working on the wife's TP2, but understand you all have higher priorities.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2