PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

sabwjawdjw is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Little Hero Help

Hey everyone. I am having some problems and I can't seem to put myself in the right spot to find my answers. Here is my problem and I hope you all have an answer.

I recently upgraded from a TP2 to a Hero on the Sprint network. I have Android 2.1-Update 1 and I am sure you all know the rest of it.

Anyways I tried rooting it, and installing a custom rom because it seems the regular rom LAGS ALOT!!! But I failed to do so. It locked up on me. So I was wondering if there is a Idiot PROOF way to root these and install a custom rom without all the lag. And without taking away all my fav apps.

I am open to all and any input on this situation and willing to do anything as this thing is very slow lol. I have a 8GB microSD if that matters any. I have not done any overclocking or anything. I have tried the adb root and failed and I tried another one cant remember the name of it but it is the one that froze on me. Although it did put Superuser in my menu. But it didnt let me change the rom. If someone can help me on this I would appreciate it. New to the whole android thing.

Thanks in advance everyone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero