PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

darkslayr1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question

well for the past 2 days ive been trying to put android onto my tp2 but its just not happening. i keep getting an error when i run haret.exe. when i click on it, it says "Booting Linux". After it vibrates 2 times. After that it gives a long code and at the end it says Failed to find rootfs on SD card. you need to unzip a rootfs zip file to the root of your SD card. how can i fix this. i cant find any threads on this so i thought i would start one thanks.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: question

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayr1 View Post
well for the past 2 days ive been trying to put android onto my tp2 but its just not happening. i keep getting an error when i run haret.exe. when i click on it, it says "Booting Linux". After it vibrates 2 times. After that it gives a long code and at the end it says Failed to find rootfs on SD card. you need to unzip a rootfs zip file to the root of your SD card. how can i fix this. i cant find any threads on this so i thought i would start one thanks.
Please don't create a new thread, you need to post in the thread where you got the build from.

However, it sounds like you're not putting everything at the ROOT of your SD card (no folders). If you do, you have to make an adjustment to the rel_path= statement in the startup.txt. If it's not there, you need to add it - this is in the FAQ.

Either that, or you truly don't have a rootfs.img file.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darkslayr1 is a n00b

oh my bad. it was actually from urs. let me try this. i got the build from u.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
oh my bad. it was actually from urs. let me try this. i got the build from u.
Heh, that's fine. You still should be posting in the build thread rather than creating your own...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darkslayr1 is a n00b

OMG i love you it worked i kept all of it in a folder. sorry about the thread post. i should have just posted on urs. thanks arrrghhh ur the best
Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
OMG i love you it worked i kept all of it in a folder. sorry about the thread post. i should have just posted on urs. thanks arrrghhh ur the best
np, glad to help .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2